Best hotel for a park/cruise near NY cruise port?

pampaul

Heading out on the Carnival Horizon next year (Aug) to San Juan, Grand Turk, Amber Cove.

We've never stayed overnight the night before a cruise but plan on doing so with this next cruise.

What are the best hotels that offer to stay & park your car for the week?

Another thought is to stay at a hotel in NJ not too distant from NYC, drive in the morning of the cruise and park at the Manhattan Cruise terminal. It is $40/night and safe. Most important .... you car is immediately available when your ship disembarks. Pricey yes but super convenient.

Another thought is to stay at a hotel in NJ not too distant from NYC, drive in the morning of the cruise and park at the Manhattan Cruise terminal. It is $40/night and safe. Most important .... you car is immediately available when your ship disembarks. Pricey yes but super convenient.

any suggestions on Hotels in NJ to stay at pre-cruise. We are planning on parking at the terminal as of right now. Not sure where to start looking for a hotel. TIA

any suggestions on Hotels in NJ to stay at pre-cruise. We are planning on parking at the terminal as of right now. Not sure where to start looking for a hotel. TIA

You're coming from the south? Exact date you sail? Manhattan cruiseport? Budget? Number of people? Type of beds? Are you willing to stay an hour out of the city and drive in on the cruise morning? Any shopping requirements?

Is New York sightseeing on your agenda?

Please answer all the questions so that we can give you answers that suit your particular needs.

You're coming from the south? Exact date you sail? Manhattan cruiseport? Budget? Number of people? Type of beds? Are you willing to stay an hour out of the city and drive in on the cruise morning? Any shopping requirements?

Is New York sightseeing on your agenda?

Please answer all the questions so that we can give you answers that suit your particular needs.

Yes, we are coming from the South, NC. We are sailing June 13, 2018(Wednesday) out of Manhattan on Carnival Horizon. We are very willing to stay outside of the city. We will drive up on Tuesday June 12 and spend the night. We are not planning on really doing any sightseeing while we are there. Its just my husband and I so 1 bed in a room is fine!

Yes, we are coming from the South, NC. We are sailing June 13, 2018(Wednesday) out of Manhattan on Carnival Horizon. We are very willing to stay outside of the city. We will drive up on Tuesday June 12 and spend the night. We are not planning on really doing any sightseeing while we are there. Its just my husband and I so 1 bed in a room is fine!

You have a long time to research. I would suggest looking in Cranbury and East Windsor, NJ which are at exit 8A and exit 8 of the NJ Turnpike. There are number of hotels near these exits like Marriott Courtyard, Ramada Plaza, Hampton Inn, Days Inn, and Holiday Inn. This puts you about an hour from the NY Cruiseport - still in a suburban farm area. Everything becomes much more urban when you hit exit 9 at New Brunswick.

Since it's midweek, look in an area that's not focused on business. Since it's march, you could stay by the beach, I think you could even take a train to NYC from most northern beach areas. I'd check long branch, Bradley beach. Check the train schedule and then pick a place close that will let you park for the duration

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since it's midweek, look in an area that's not focused on business. Since it's march, you could stay by the beach, I think you could even take a train to NYC from most northern beach areas. I'd check long branch, Bradley beach. Check the train schedule and then pick a place close that will let you park for the duration

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're driving up in mid June, not March, and in June prices are going to be high. What makes you think that a hotel in a shore town is going to let someone park on their premises, particularly during the summer season, while not staying at the hotel? Further, they presumably will be driving north on I 95 (NJ Turnpike), which is nowhere near the shore, and would require them to go miles out of their. way.

In don't know where you live or have lived but I was a resident of Monmouth County (that's where Long Branch is) for 30 years and Mercer County for the past 11, and your suggestion makes little sense.

What Carol (138east) has recommended about staying overnight near Exit 8 or 8A of the turnpike (which is the area where I currently live) is spot on.

Edited by njhorseman

poohbear- you're planning to park at the port. If you're driving from NC in one day, you'll be ready to get off the road by the time you get into central NJ. IMO there is no reason to push on beyond exit 9 to find a hotel in a more urban, congested, expensive, and often confusing area.

The next morning you can check the traffic reports (880 & 1010) for the Hudson River crossings - Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, and GW Bridge. Lincoln Tunnel is probably best for the Manhattan Cruise port, but the other two are options in case of a huge traffic issue. Plan to leave between 9-9:30 and take the cars only lanes on the turnpike as far as they go and follow the Lincoln .

Tunnel signs. It should take about an hour to get to the Lincoln Tunnel.

poohbear- you're planning to park at the port. If you're driving from NC in one day, you'll be ready to get off the road by the time you get into central NJ. IMO there is no reason to push on beyond exit 9 to find a hotel in a more urban, congested, expensive, and often confusing area.

The next morning you can check the traffic reports (880 & 1010) for the Hudson River crossings - Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, and GW Bridge. Lincoln Tunnel is probably best for the Manhattan Cruise port, but the other two are options in case of a huge traffic issue. Plan to leave between 9-9:30 and take the cars only lanes on the turnpike as far as they go and follow the Lincoln .

Tunnel signs. It should take about an hour to get to the Lincoln Tunnel.

Thank you! I agree about staying somewhere less congested for the night. When we do drive to our port, we like to stay a couple hours outside the port and drive the rest of the way in the morning. I appreciate the suggestions and will look at our options for hotels. I know we have almost a year but I am very excited to take a cruise without the kids on a brand new ship!