Eagle beach on your own. Spent 50$ than a family 1000' away on the same beach

rbird

Took my family of 4 adults to Eagle beach for a beach day. We departed the ship as soon as it was cleared and headed to the taxi stand to the left directly upon exiting the port building. Taxi prices are printed on a sign. $13 to Eagle beach.

After waiting 10-15 minutes for a taxi, I asked our driver to drop us off at Eagle beach across from the Amersterdam. Instead, he drop us off about .4 miles prior to the Amsterdam hotel in from of a little beach bar and restroom. We walked out to the beach and there were a bunch of umbrellas and chairs set up for rent. I walked along the beach to the right toward Amsterdam ... to a set of 10 or so palapas. They turned out to be in front of the LaQuinta. LaQuintas attendant came along around 10 am and said that they were for use from the LaQuinta guests. I asked if I could rent them for a day and he said yes. I paid $30 for 3 sun loungers under a palapa in an uncrowded section of the beach. I even received an official receipt. Our friends paid $80 for umbrellas and chairs in a crowded area of the beach where alot of cruise pax were. I also walked down to Amsterdam and found a food truck along the way. Authentic fish, rice, potatos and drinks for 4 was $18 We stayed at the beach from 9am - 2p. Great non crowded section of the beach and easy to catch a cab at 2 pm. Best excursion we've done on our own yet!