carnival @ Christmas

Cafedumonde

It varies some from ship to ship but Santa comes on all of them. It snows in the atrium (fake, of course). There are Christmas Carols, cookies, and treats. "Elves" host activities in the atrium. There will probably be some shows with the holiday theme. The ship is decorated throughout. Holiday trivia. Christmas carols sung by the ship's solo artists. It's fun---IF you like kids. Lots of families sail during the holidays. So if you can be patient through a little chaos here and there I highly recommend it.

We have done Christmas and New Years cruises, they are a blast. Definitely a Christmas overload. Fortunately son has grown and we try not to sail with 600 kids like most holiday cruises

We had a wonderful time last xmas on the pride the ship looks great people had Santa hats and rain deer and elves ears a lot of people decorated there doors we had battery candles and those scented tree sticks ,clings on the mirrors, the rules aren't enforced much some doors looked great. I think you and your family will have a all some time we had wife ,2-girls 10&12

Being a teacher from Michigan, I've done a lot of Christmas cruises. Love them all. Yes, there are lots of kids, but I haven't noticed it being too much of a problem. The complimentary champagne as you board helps take the edge off. Christmas and/or New Year's on the ships is special. Everything is decorated, and, of course, on Carnival, that means there are even MORE colors.

Several years ago, my DW wanted us to decorate a tree in our house, even though we were going to be gone for Christmas (Our kids are grown and out of the house now). I refused (bah, humbug) because it was so much work. However, that Christmas eve, sitting on our balcony, sipping wine in a tropical port while another ship came pulled in, we could see 5 Christmas trees on the other ship. We both agreed that THIS was the way to celebrate Christmas.

We cruise the week before Christmas every year (first week of Christmas break for DS) so that we are actually home on Christmas day. Even the week before is full of decorations, activities and fun for the holidays...it includes all of the holiday celebrations and has been on all of the ships we have been on during that time. There are a lot more kids than normal the week before so I am sure that the actual week of will be worse but it has not bothered us truthfully, I think you will be fine....have fun!!!!

We have been on the week just before and where Christmas was our last sea day. There is the tree lighting (first or second night), snow in the atrium, caroling, special crafts etc. on Christmas Eve they did a crew led service before early dinner and I think for us that night was formal so there was a special Christmas dinner offering of turkey with trimmings on Christmas night. There was a show with Santa and the kids about 2 pm Christmas Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on a Christmas cruise out of San Juan in 2013 on the Valor. They had a tree decorated in the main lounge area and lots of decorations down the entire Atrium. I believe there was a mailbox for letters to Santa and an area on another deck with ginger bread houses and a train. I do not recall seeing anyone dressed up like Santa though. It was a really fun cruise and I would go again at Christmas. The only one who complained was my youngest son- 12 at the time. Mainly because he thought he didn't get enough presents due to the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

19731864_10155483248211730_3982175776437649998_n.jpg?oh=84fa3a767f6f236a1b2e3e4e25164f79&oe=5A02E2CB

This is the tree we bought on our first Christmas cruise - Christmas without a tree is just not worth and I absolutely love my little tree and bring it with us each year - Since getting it we have spent every Christmas on a boat - when and if the time comes we don't cruise at christmas it will be my table center piece