Teeth Whitening

bethsheb

Can anyone tell me if they used this service on the Mariner. My husband had it done for $199 and I did not really notice a difference but he claims he did. Then the person who did it sold him 4 boxes of whitener that is supposed to take the whitening to the next level. I am extremely upset about this sales pitch. I told my husband he should never have bought 4 boxes and the guy gave him a bunch of nonsense. At about 49.00 a box that was not a cheap purchase. I, myself, whiten my teeth myself with drug store brand items for much less and since my teeth are easy to whiten I would never spend $200 for whitener. To make matters worse when I got home I looked up the stuff on the internet and there was not one good thing about the company who made this product. The only good review was on the actual company's website so we all know what that would mean. The guy on Mariner told my husband this is new state of the art stuff, blah, blah, blah. In any event could someone tell me how I might be able to return this junk and get our money back. Shouldn't RCCL be responsible if the customer is not satisfied?

Perhaps you should consult a professional for these products and services instead of some one who has no training.

And as they say "Let the buyer beware"

Tooth whitening should only be done by dental PROFESSIONALS not Steiner girls.:rolleyes:

Hi,

I am a dentist and I can tell you that you should always consult your dentist about whitening.

There are a lot of products out there that could harm your teeth in a long run and you should use the products that have been on the market and tested by dental research teams.

Also, no whitening results are predictable: it depends on composition of your teeth, their development, and even medications your mother took when she was pregnant with you. Bottom line--people will have different results to whitening. Also note, dental crowns and fillings won't change color and may appear worse after you whiten your teeth, so therefore, you should visit your dentist to make sure you are a good candidate for this procedure.:p

Hi,

I am a dentist and I can tell you that you should always consult your dentist about whitening.

There are a lot of products out there that could harm your teeth in a long run and you should use the products that have been on the market and tested by dental research teams.

Also, no whitening results are predictable: it depends on composition of your teeth, their development, and even medications your mother took when she was pregnant with you. Bottom line--people will have different results to whitening. Also note, dental crowns and fillings won't change color and may appear worse after you whiten your teeth, so therefore, you should visit your dentist to make sure you are a good candidate for this procedure.:p

thanks for the advise. it is amazing what we learn on these boards. NMNita

Dab your toothbrush with the paste into some baking soda nightly.... this will not only whitten but keep them sooooo clean! I tried the crest strips and found them to make my teeth senstive now to cold and hot.... good luck!

I won the raffle for 50% off the teeth whitening on the Explorer. I did not see it coming but she said for the full effect I would need to purchase additional products. When it was all said and done, I was out the door at about $350.00. I was extremely upset about it to say the least. It sounds real dumb, but I thought that these were things I needed at the time. I will look into the selling on ebay. I don't think I'll ever visit the spa again on any cruise!

I won the raffle for 50% off the teeth whitening on the Explorer. I did not see it coming but she said for the full effect I would need to purchase additional products. When it was all said and done, I was out the door at about $350.00. I was extremely upset about it to say the least. It sounds real dumb, but I thought that these were things I needed at the time. I will look into the selling on ebay. I don't think I'll ever visit the spa again on any cruise!

Archived