Exchange Place Jersey to Manhattan Pier. (Holland or Lincoln?)

Staying at the Hyatt in Exchange Place the night before cruise. Traveling to the pier, it appears that I can take the Holland tunnel or the Lincoln tunnel. Any opinions on which one would be the easiest on a Sunday morning?

If I were doing it, I would follow GPS to the Holland Tunnel (Greene St to Christopher Columbus Drive to Marin Blvd to make a right turn at the last side street entrance to the Holland Tunnel) and take West Street/12th Ave in NYC all the way to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. I just drove the Manhattan portion of this trip yesterday from the Battery in NYC and it was fine.

It will cost you more time plus an extra $4.60 to go around to the Lincoln Tunnel on the Turnpike. You can also go through Hoboken for free, but IMO the West Street route in Manhattan is more straightforward. The only caveat to this is to listen to 1010 or 880 traffic reports to ensure that the Holland Tunnel is not a total disaster (unlikely on a Sun morning). Take the traffic reports with a grain of salt. The tunnel wait time entering from Marin Blvd should be minimal because you are sneaking in from a side street right at the tunnel entrance that has traffic light controls.

Unless there are announced weekend and/or overnight construction work on either tunnels or one of its "tube" - inbound traffic are usually light on weekend morning on either route - both via local streets with traffic lights & stop signs. (As 138east/Carol said, Turnpike to Lincoln Tunnel is a much longer route & won't save any time, going thru the streets of Hoboken is just slow ... nothing to see en route.)

Easiest, in general, (my pick) would take a short drive to Holland Tunnel into Lower Manhattan (keep right as you exit the tube for uptown - head north on the West Side Hwy for the MCT. There are traffic lights & watch your speed/red-light cameras - direct to the pier, keep left as you approach 42nd. Street to make left on W. 55th Street for drop-off/roof-top parking, about 30 minutes drive.

If driving, use Waze or Google Maps for navigation to help choose the faster route ... car service drivers do the same as well.

I vote for the Holland tunnel but as mentioned listen to radio 1010 for the latest traffic reports. Also check the NYC DOT (department of transportation) website in advance for planned weekend traffic disruptions on local NYC streets.