Upgrading Drink Package Onboard Question

keeponcruising

Does everyone, even a 6 year old, have to upgrade. I have the Cheers package as part of the promo out now and was wondering if it can be done for one or maybe 2 people. We have 4 in the cabin. Thanks and Happy 4th of July!

As far as I understand it if you upgrade everyone in the party has to upgrade. Which is why it doesn't look very appealing. I could pay for quite a lot of premium drinks with that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MSC seems to have alot of different rules for their European departures than they do their American ones. That is somewhat different from other cruiselines. It looks like you can upgrade on European departures, but not on US ones. I would call MSC directly to get an answer.

MSC seems to have alot of different rules for their European departures than they do their American ones. That is somewhat different from other cruiselines. It looks like you can upgrade on European departures, but not on US ones. I would call MSC directly to get an answer.

Our experience on the Divina tells us that calling the call center the stated line is no upgrades, but once you are on the ship you can upgrade at will.

Our experience on the Divina tells us that calling the call center the stated line is no upgrades, but once you are on the ship you can upgrade at will.

That is my impression as well. They seem VERY disorganized. Even my TA says their call center has a fundamental lack of knowledge

• 3 months later...

Update on the drink package upgrade, I to have booked the seaside for May 2018 when I called I was told you cannot upgrade the drink package in a not so friendly way, I hung up a bit $%$## off so I called later that afternoon and spoke to Michelle to cancel, when asked why I explained the above problem. She told me the girl I spoke with earlier was WRONG. So to anyone sailing from Miami to the Caribbean here are the MSC codes for the drink upgrade are 536UPGAD−UPGRADE 534 − 536 − which came to $56.PP and the code to prepay gratuities is SCCARSO1−SERVICE CHARGE − $87.50 PP if anyone tells you different then speak to someone else.

PS the call was to MSC directly

17 Cruises and counting plus 5 future cruises booked!!!! :)

• 2 months later...
Update on the drink package upgrade, I to have booked the seaside for May 2018 when I called I was told you cannot upgrade the drink package in a not so friendly way, I hung up a bit $%$## off so I called later that afternoon and spoke to Michelle to cancel, when asked why I explained the above problem. She told me the girl I spoke with earlier was WRONG. So to anyone sailing from Miami to the Caribbean here are the MSC codes for the drink upgrade are 536UPGAD−UPGRADE 534 − 536 − which came to $56.PP and the code to prepay gratuities is SCCARSO1−SERVICE CHARGE − $87.50 PP if anyone tells you different then speak to someone else.

PS the call was to MSC directly

17 Cruises and counting plus 5 future cruises booked!!!! :)

Is that upgrade from the Mealtime drink pkg?

Yes also interested in more info about this. Our Cruise on Seaside is up coming March 10th. With our cruise deal is 12 drink tickets and mealtime drinks. When I called today to take care of final bill. I asked if I could buy more drink tickets once on board come to find out they have done away with drink tickets and it's now packages only. So after our conversation I'm thinking ok I have 12 drink and mealtime drinks. So now I either have a choice to buy a drink package or pay as I go for drinks ☹️. Which is where I'm confused. If we go ahead and buy the packages I just lose out on the perk of drink tickets and mealtime tickets that was in included in the beginning????? So confused. Ps she did tell me I could buy drink package for 329.00. Some how this does not seem fair

We had the drink package as part of our March Seaside Aurea booking. Our TA upgraded us yesterday for $56 each to the premium. No issue at all.

I was just looking I don't see an adult premium package I see only the classic and deluxe option. Is there something I'm not seeing ?

I just called and talked to them again right now. Told me it would be 56 a day per person. So basically that is the price anyways for the package and my drink tickets and and mealtime drink which we're included would not be a perk anymore if I bought a package because I would have all that anyways if I bought a drink package :(

Edited by SandyBeach3044

I just called and talked to them again right now. Told me it would be 56 a day per person. So basically that is the price anyways for the package and my drink tickets and and mealtime drink which we're included would not be a perk anymore if I bought a package because I would have all that anyways if I bought a drink package :(

Once onboard you can generally upgrade the mealtime to the full package for the difference in price, unless they have changed that.