Cocktails on drink packages

Hi all,

We are about to set sail on our first RCI cruise in a few days and are debating the drink packages. My question is: most of the cocktails (The greats, The Collins, The Old Fashioned appear to be 13.00. So none of these would be included in the drink package?. Or would we have to pay the $1.00 difference? When we purchase is the gratuity added to the price of the drink package or do we pay gratuity based on consumption?

Also, if we purchase the combo with internet, is the use of internet unlimited (I realize its for one device only)?

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas.

Thanks

Any drink over the package limit would be charged the difference plus 18%.

Thanks Bob,

I saw on a site the drink menu and *all* of the cocktails listed are 13. So I guess my question is, will any cocktails other than DOD be covered? (Royal Caribbean Blog)

https://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Thanks Bob,

I saw on a site the drink menu and *all* of the cocktails listed are 13. So I guess my question is, will any cocktails other than DOD be covered? (Royal Caribbean Blog)

https://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

They typically have only a very few cocktails that are over the package limit.

Bob has the drinks questions covered so with regard to the internet, yes it would be unlimited for one device at a time. You would get one device per package but if you say wanted to use one code on both a phone and a tablet as long as you log out of one you can then log onto the other.

Hi all,

We are about to set sail on our first RCI cruise in a few days and are debating the drink packages. My question is: most of the cocktails (The greats, The Collins, The Old Fashioned appear to be 13.00. So none of these would be included in the drink package?. Or would we have to pay the $1.00 difference? When we purchase is the gratuity added to the price of the drink package or do we pay gratuity based on consumption?

Also, if we purchase the combo with internet, is the use of internet unlimited (I realize its for one device only)?

Thanks

Kilili,

Was on the liberty 3 weeks ago. Both my wife and I had the drink package. We ordered pretty much whatever we wanted and never paid extra. We paid extra for a Logo glass once.

Also, if you order a cocktail, don't just order a cocktail. They will use the cheap booze if you do. For example, when I wanted a vodka cranberry, I ordered a Grey Goose with cran. Get your moneys worth.

Bob has the drinks questions covered so with regard to the internet, yes it would be unlimited for one device at a time. You would get one device per package but if you say wanted to use one code on both a phone and a tablet as long as you log out of one you can then log onto the other.

Thank you!

Kilili,

Was on the liberty 3 weeks ago. Both my wife and I had the drink package. We ordered pretty much whatever we wanted and never paid extra. We paid extra for a Logo glass once.

Also, if you order a cocktail, don't just order a cocktail. They will use the cheap booze if you do. For example, when I wanted a vodka cranberry, I ordered a Grey Goose with cran. Get your moneys worth.

We've bought a drink package for the first time, great tip, thanks!

Will be on the anthem and I actually bought the drink package for both of us I've heard a lot of fears about if you don't have it you want to paying so much at the end anyway so it was worth just having it relaxing and I have to worry about anything

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Debating whether or not to buy the Fourth of July special for Deluxe for $44.

I've heard that you can switch to a lower price if it becomes available, but the small print says refunds only within 48 hours. In order to get the lower price you have to cancel, but how can you do that if the refund is only within 48 hours?

Kilili,

WE were on same boat ordered many drinks Tom Collins James Bond Martini's , 12 year old single malt scotches and package also covered all of our drinks, only thing we paid extra for was some wine by the glass which was 15 or 16

I've heard that you can switch to a lower price if it becomes available, but the small print says refunds only within 48 hours. In order to get the lower price you have to cancel, but how can you do that if the refund is only within 48 hours?

I can't find anything that says you only have 48 hrs. to cancel.:confused:

That 48 hours might be referring to cancelling after you board the ship.

Hi all,

Thanks

Just got off the Allure and I always get package ahead of time! They add up and they have raised prices! Tips were included!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was reading over the same blog post and it's a little confusing on the pricing. I may be wrong, but the $13 prices listed might be from the Oasis class ships possibly. I had the same initial reservation that if there is $12 cap on the drinks, how can they make all the cocktails $13?? But it does state that prices are little more on the larger class ships. I think this is a great package for those that drink scotch and bourbons for sure. I'm not sure how easy it is to drink your daily average on a port day, but I can definitely put a dent in it on a sea day. Still though, for 2 people that's in the realm of $900+ on drinks. I'm not sure I could do that personally.

I was reading over the same blog post and it's a little confusing on the pricing. I may be wrong, but the $13 prices listed might be from the Oasis class ships possibly. I had the same initial reservation that if there is $12 cap on the drinks, how can they make all the cocktails $13?? But it does state that prices are little more on the larger class ships. I think this is a great package for those that drink scotch and bourbons for sure. I'm not sure how easy it is to drink your daily average on a port day, but I can definitely put a dent in it on a sea day. Still though, for 2 people that's in the realm of $900+ on drinks. I'm not sure I could do that personally.

Hey Bob, can you confirm this? We are on the Harmony - so will we have to pay $1.18 every time we want a cocktail because we're on the bigger ship on top of what we already paid for the deluxe drink package? That's crazy!

Hey Bob, can you confirm this? We are on the Harmony - so will we have to pay $1.18 every time we want a cocktail because we're on the bigger ship on top of what we already paid for the deluxe drink package? That's crazy!

I believe I read that the limit on Oasis class ships is $13.

Hi all,

Thanks

We have just come off Independence. We never paid any extra for drinks. One bartender told me that if there's something in the drink list you want to try they can modify it so that the drink will not cost you anymore ie. use Smirnoff vodka instead of Tito's for example. Every drink we had was delicious. I would definitely recommend the package as it includes all bottles of water and soft drinks as well.

they raise the prices because of the all-inclusive packages? one month before they give you a deal on it so take it!