OBC for tours before boarding

I received an email today saying I could book tours using OBC...OBC that is on our account now. Is that true? We didn't know we could do that. We usually wait until we get on board to use it.

Yes, using Royal (not travel agent) OBC for pre-cruise purchases has been possible for several months now.

Does that include the OBC from the RCI VISA credit card? I can't even see where it is posted although I did redeem the points for OBC.

Yes, Visa points OBC can also be used pre-cruise, once it gets posted.

Does that include the OBC from the RCI VISA credit card? I can't even see where it is posted although I did redeem the points for OBC.

Carol, how long ago did you request the OBC on the VISA website? They should show up very quickly on the RC website in your Cruise Planner. If you can't see it, check on the RC Visa website again, to be sure that it went through. (i.e., were the points deducted from your total?)

Carol, how long ago did you request the OBC on the VISA website? They should show up very quickly on the RC website in your Cruise Planner. If you can't see it, check on the RC Visa website again, to be sure that it went through. (i.e., were the points deducted from your total?)

I redeemed my points directly by phone with Visa over two weeks ago for a Sept. Harmony sailing and they have yet to appear on my cruise planner. I'm hoping to use them to purchase shore excursions which are on sale now. Why is it taking so long?

Kathy

I redeemed my points directly by phone with Visa over two weeks ago for a Sept. Harmony sailing and they have yet to appear on my cruise planner. I'm hoping to use them to purchase shore excursions which are on sale now. Why is it taking so long?

Kathy

Call them and ask.

Kathy

Sometimes (and only sometimes) it has to do with how far off your cruise is.

breezy carol's cruise is next week.

It took a couple of weeks. I read here about redeeming a few weeks before. I didn't know if I just didn't know where to look. Finally they did show up on my Cruise Planner yesterday. Once I saw them, I knew I had not seen them before, so it took a few weeks.

I recently redeemed points from RC Visa and was told by royal that I would not see the points applied to my account until about a week Prior to my sailing.

I got the same answer....about 2 weeks prior to sailing the VISA OBC gets added. I also had a gift certificate for OBC that my daughter got us & it wasn't showing up either. After a lengthy chat with an extremely rude agent who started throwing comments out before I even finished what I was saying, I FINALLY got the 2 week answer & an email receipt showing the GC was added. BUT....it still isn't showing on my cruise planner!!:eek: I'll check again in that 2 week window & see what happens!

I've noticed that anytime I go into my cruise planner I get a pop up telling me how much OBC I have and that I can use it for my purchases.

Glad you are able to see your OBC. How may weeks until you sail?

Yes, using Royal (not travel agent) OBC for pre-cruise purchases has been possible for several months now.

Is this on the American site only? Certainly never noticed anything like it on the UK site. In fact I was in tending to purchase extra OBC to pay for some excursions onboard on our Med cruise. Exchange rate is favourable.

Is this on the American site only? Certainly never noticed anything like it on the UK site. In fact I was in tending to purchase extra OBC to pay for some excursions onboard on our Med cruise. Exchange rate is favourable.

I don't know for sure, but when I read the FAQ referenced in the link below, it mentions exchange rates, so it would seem to apply to other locales:

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/onboardcredit/

It's definitely on the UK site too. I just checked my 2018 reservation and it popped up when I went into the cruise planer. This is OBC directly from RCL, travel agent OBC is not available pre cruise.(and of course still no visa cards in the UK:()

Julie

It's definitely on the UK site too. I just checked my 2018 reservation and it popped up when I went into the cruise planer. This is OBC directly from RCL, travel agent OBC is not available pre cruise.(and of course still no visa cards in the UK:()

Julie

Just tried a booking, for Sept it only came up in GBP, I have to give them a ring to remove a drinks package, due to a price drop

So I went back and looked. I redeemed the points June 20 and had the confirmation it went through. I leave July 13, and while I don't check cruise planner daily, the first time I saw them posted was about July 5.