A few thoughts on Harmony of the Seas July 1 sailing in progress.

Hits:

Beautiful ship with friendly staff

Stateroom layout (in a JS and fits myself, wife and two DD's 4 and 7 comfortably.

Coastal Kitchen for dinner twice so far. Great food and service.

Aqua Theatre show amazing

Adventure Ocean, great staff and having a science lab, art studio and theatre have been great for the kids.

Windjammer (we usually are early birds and hit it when it first opens and haven't seen any of the crowds people talk about). The variety and quality have been at least as good as the two other RCI cruise we have been on. Easy with two young kids in tow.

Flow riders

Voom is quick and reliable so far. We have surf and stream package.

Misses:

Perfect storm water slides. When it's warm out it's easy to get stuck in the racer slides. The toilet bowl slide most people get one and a half times around and then have to crawl to the exit. Need more water flow or elevation change or something.

Splash away bay. Same issue as the perfect storm slides with one of the two slides. Also, kids have to be 42 inches to use anything but the diaper pool slide. My youngest is just shy and can't do any slides. I guess I missed this height requirement before sailing but it seems to have caught a lot of kids.

Dreamworks - only a few random meet and greats and one ok dance party. Would be nice to see the characters around the ship more. The kids all love it for even the very short time they see them.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot but thought I'd share part way in. Overall a great cruise and having lots of fun.

Will try and get another update later in the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could you post the results of a speed test?

I've seen downloads as high as 20.92 and as low as 1.10

Uploads as high as 11.22 and as low as 2.44

Ping is 223-236 pretty consistent

Definitely has its moments when it gets bogged down but pretty happy with it so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Perfect storm water slides. When it's warm out it's easy to get stuck in the racer slides. The toilet bowl slide most people get one and a half times around and then have to crawl to the exit. Need more water flow or elevation change or something."

Found the same thing last October. As it was raining and cold I was able to just keep going back on it to try to perfect my technique :) Found I'd nearly get to the exit hole but not quite make it. Needs something doing to it I agree

Did they have anything special for the 4th on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A BBQ on the boardwalk and all kinds of special foods at Windjammer for dinner.

I have a question about the coastal kitchen.Because your in a JS you couldn't make reservations pre cruise & had to make them on board.Did you have any issues making them for any day or did you just show up?

No problem at all. Got all the times we wanted but we also eat on the earlier side. We went right up to Coastal Kitchen when we boarded and made reservations for the rest of the week. Not sure about walk ins. It seemed to get full around 6:30-7.

"Perfect storm water slides. When it's warm out it's easy to get stuck in the racer slides. The toilet bowl slide most people get one and a half times around and then have to crawl to the exit. Need more water flow or elevation change or something."

Found the same thing last October. As it was raining and cold I was able to just keep going back on it to try to perfect my technique :) Found I'd nearly get to the exit hole but not quite make it. Needs something doing to it I agree

I am currently onboard the same Harmony sailing as OP, and was also on your Harmony sailing in Oct and agree with the racing slides problem, I keep getting stuck and have to move myself along. I do love the Champagne Bowl slide however.

No problem at all. Got all the times we wanted but we also eat on the earlier side. We went right up to Coastal Kitchen when we boarded and made reservations for the rest of the week. Not sure about walk ins. It seemed to get full around 6:30-7.

Good to know! I'm in a JS 7/15.

How are the lines for the slides?

Thanks for posting updates!

Enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the 6/24/17 sailing just before yours, loved the cruise albeit with some 'technical difficulties:

How's the A/C in your cabin and through out the ship? We had a Superior Balcony - Port - Deck 12, #184 and the Deck Supervisor had to bring us a fan (as well as two other cabins just down our Hallway) as even our Cabin Steward complained it was stuffy,

Voom still working good? On my wife and daughters iPhone it would be either slow and just stop working at times.

Have you noticed the menu's posted on your cabin TV for the Main Dinning room for any given day, are actually not what is served in the dinning rooms?

I had the ultimate drink package and found they tried to charge various cocktails ordered from bars or at dinner, to my daughter's Soda Card, when she ordered a ginger Ale the same time I ordered a beer or drink, and the same thing happened at Labadde (suspect you may not be cruising there)...though with multiple calls to Guest Services, all issues were resolved.

HOTS is a great ship...Enjoy!

We were on the 6/24/17 sailing just before yours, loved the cruise albeit with some 'technical difficulties:

How's the A/C in your cabin and through out the ship? We had a Superior Balcony - Port - Deck 12, #184 and the Deck Supervisor had to bring us a fan (as well as two other cabins just down our Hallway) as even our Cabin Steward complained it was stuffy,

Voom still working good? On my wife and daughters iPhone it would be either slow and just stop working at times.

Have you noticed the menu's posted on your cabin TV for the Main Dinning room for any given day, are actually not what is served in the dinning rooms?

I had the ultimate drink package and found they tried to charge various cocktails ordered from bars or at dinner, to my daughter's Soda Card, when she ordered a ginger Ale the same time I ordered a beer or drink, and the same thing happened at Labadde (suspect you may not be cruising there)...though with multiple calls to Guest Services, all issues were resolved.

HOTS is a great ship...Enjoy!

None of the above problems. Voom slows down sometimes but not for too long. Also haven't eaten in MDR yet and probably won't.

Room stays plenty cool, even when we had the afternoon sun hitting our window directly while docked in St Kitts.

Curious why you may not eat in the Main Dinning Room?

Did Coastal Kitchen first night and liked it and then did it a couple more nights. Wanted to eat dinner with the kids the other nights and they don't have the patience to sit through a long dinner. Windjammer has been decent at night, good variety and not crowded when we've been there.

Cool, like what you said, and the food in the Windjammer was pretty good.

The bad news my friend, tonight is you and your family's last night on the HOTS, it went by fast, didn't it?

Saw the Hideaway Heist show today at the aqua theatre. Really good just like the Fine Line show a few nights ago. Would highly recommend these shows. A good blend of acrobats, high diving, gymnasts.

Saw Columbus the musical last night. Not my cup of tea but a lot of people seemed to like it.

Saw the Iskate show. Good and entertaining. The other show earlier in the week was great too. Really recommend both.

I noticed a couple of movies being shown in 3D in the main theatre the last couple of days. Curious why they don't do these more.

They also showed a movie during the day yesterday at the aqua theatre. Again wonder why they don't do this more.

Last night and great cruise. We put a placeholder on a cruise for next summer. Looking to move this to an Oasis class ship after this one.

We will be on the Harmony in Jan. 2018. :) Did I understand correctly that there are two ice shows and two water shows on the Harmony?

Also, with a Junior suite, you get to use the Coastal Kitchen, or did it take some other status?

You sound like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!