Sanchos and smokers

cltdad

No offense to smokers out there but the last thing I want to do is go to the beach with the kids as a non smoker and sit in a plume of smoke for 6 hours. I am reading reviews that say that Sanchos allows smoking in a lot of places. How prevalent are the smokers there? Can you move tables if necessary? Any family oriented beaches where smoking is entirely prohibited? Thanks.

Things may have changed but I believe Playa San Martin is the only designated smoke free beach on Cozumel. Some hotels/resorts may be smoke free, but they don't usually cater to day guests/cruisers.

Playa San Martin is on the Eastside, Atlantic side. Not a lot there, except a beach and a small bar across the road. Water can be very rough and I don't believe there are any life guards there. Chen Rio, with its small lagoon, and Punta Moreno, are about he only places you can swim on the East Side. need to rent a jeep/car to get there. If you take a taxi, it'll cost you more than a rental round trip and you'll have to arrange for return transportation and then hope the driver comes back for you.

Playa Mia, is more family oriented for smaller children so it may have fewer smokers than Mr. Sanchos and other places. But the anti-smoker vibes haven't taken on the same fury in Mexico as they have in the US.

• 1 month later...
No offense to smokers out there but the last thing I want to do is go to the beach with the kids as a non smoker and sit in a plume of smoke for 6 hours. I am reading reviews that say that Sanchos allows smoking in a lot of places. How prevalent are the smokers there? Can you move tables if necessary? Any family oriented beaches where smoking is entirely prohibited? Thanks.

No offense to non-smokers but this is why I love Mexico... because the last thing that I want to do is go to the beach and sit beside ranting non-smokers... Mr. Sanchos allows smoking anywhere on the property so please definitely consider going elsewhere! Thanks!

No offense to non-smokers but this is why I love Mexico... because the last thing that I want to do is go to the beach and sit beside ranting non-smokers... Mr. Sanchos allows smoking anywhere on the property so please definitely consider going elsewhere! Thanks!

This is why we are veering away from cruising. My BF is courteous when he smokes and will walk away or sit at the far end of the table if there's a group of us. Cruising has limited where he can smoke while most of the AI's we stay haven't

Don't really think you're going to find any beaches in Mexico where smoking is entirely prohibited.;)

When on a beach, the air is flowing ... not like being inside so should be no big problem for your family. :)