Two Unrelated Summit Questions

Sailingkidswine

1. Just read the internet is spotty. DH HAS to work while onboard. There's absolutely no way around it. We have the unlimited package. Are some places better? Internet cafe? In port (Bermuda) better than at sea?

2. How does one get luggage tags? I see ones on my account I can print, but they a)aren't sticky and b)I don't have a color printer. Am I missing something?

1. Just read the internet is spotty. DH HAS to work while onboard. There's absolutely no way around it. We have the unlimited package. Are some places better? Internet cafe? In port (Bermuda) better than at sea?

2. How does one get luggage tags? I see ones on my account I can print, but they a)aren't sticky and b)I don't have a color printer. Am I missing something?

I would venture to guess that in port with WiFi is better in terms of speed then on-board, then again there have been posts where on-board has been good and also has been bad YMMV.

You do not need 'color' printed luggage tags, so missing nothing. Staples work well or you can wait until you get to the port and have the port side porter attach tags for you...

bon voyage

I am on the Summit right now. The Internet in public areas and the iLounge is better than in your room. I mainly wanted Internet in my room so I am disappointed with the service. In port, a place that offers wifi, like a coffee shop, is better. I don't know about security issues for work.

I am on the Summit right now. The Internet in public areas and the iLounge is better than in your room. I mainly wanted Internet in my room so I am disappointed with the service. In port, a place that offers wifi, like a coffee shop, is better. I don't know about security issues for work.

I don't think using a coffee shop wifi is going to work. He's okay going to the Internet cafe if needed. He'll need to check in daily and do more substantial worn on at least two evenings.

The internet didn't work well -- we were in a cabin on Deck 11.

I found one of the best signal was in Café al Bacio. I would go there, have a cup of coffee, and complete my business.

The wifi has improved dramatically over the last few years but there are lot of people using it, slowing it down. Depending on your cabin location, he may be fine or he may need to go in search of a better location. In years past, I used to plant myself at a table right outside the internet cafe when I needed to do something important. Last year on the Constellation, I was able to get a speedy signal from my aft Deck 11 balcony, about as far from the internet cafe as possible on an M-class ship.

If you live in the US, you can order luggage tags starting about six or seven weeks out from your sailing date. Having said that, I just looked at the new Celebrity website for the cruise planner for my late October cruise. I can't begin to figure out where I will click to order them. I guess it will show up when it's time for me to check in. If not, I'll use my usual fallback and call Captain's Club.

How does one get luggage tags? I see ones on my account I can print, but they a)aren't sticky and b)I don't have a color printer. Am I missing something?

Once your cruise documents are available online (usually around the 60 day mark before a cruise), a little button should show up that says you can order your luggage tags (next to the link where you can download the documents). You fill out a quick form for where you want them sent, and they'll send you the sticky luggage tags in the mail within 2 weeks or so. You get 4 per person. No need to print them out - I never do!

Although I did this on my last cruise (two months ago), I can't say for certain you can still do this with the new Celebrity website, but keep an eye out for it!

The internet in most of the staterooms on Summit is horrible. Celebrity should be ashamed of themselves for even selling packages on this ship.

Your best bet is to go to Computer Lounge or public areas of Summit to access Wi-Fi on the ship. There is no free Wi-Fi in Bermuda. You will have to visit a restaurant and order drinks/food to get Wi-Fi or pay for their island wide Wi-Fi. Here's a link:

https://www.telebermuda.com/residential/wifi/