MERCURY new 2 Celbrity, need help

rpinphx1

I am planning 25th anniversary Thinking of Mercury out of West coast 1-05.

We are mid 40's active & enjoy good gym , on board entertainment. Have only been on Carnival. Anyone on her recently that can tell me:

Is she worn looking, quality of food, shows etc.

Any advice would help. Hubby doesn't care where we go, he hates doing the travel background work. So, I am on my own. HELP PLEASE. icon_confused.gif

Thanks, Robyn

rpinphx@cox.net

Is the M

You cannot go wrong on a Celeb ship. We were on Mercury to Alaska two years ago. she is a great ship. Not too big. Crew was friendly. I think she has been refurbished since then. If so, you definitely will love her. Go over to Celebrity Connections (see top of this page---in red) and find someone who has just been on her. they can give you details. happy Anniversary!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

Hiicon_smile.gif I sailed her in March and had a fantastic time.

I wrote a 7 part review but I don't know where it is at this point in time.

The ship looked beautiful to me, the food was always good, the crew outstanding and I met some of the best folks ever from these boards icon_biggrin.gif.

Am I a Celebrity fan? You bet I am....and I would recommend them in a heartbeat icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Was on same Left Coast trip as Lois above (Hi Lois).

Ship in very good condition, and clean. Food in dining room good and well presented. I thought production shows a bit weak in staging and costuming, but cast very good.

I was surprised at the lack of flowers on board - and when asked, I was told that Celebrity had not yet found a flower distributor in the San Francisco area. I would hazard a guess they had not looked too hard!

All in all, a pleasant cruise.

Michael

I have been on several celebrity ships and have been on Mercury twice. It is my all time favorite ship. They have a gym and the theropy pool inside is fantastic. I know i did not spell the whole word out but its close enough (i am talking about the pool) You need to try it and you are hooked.

Robyn,

We just got back yesterday from a week on the Mercury - I would say GO - BOOK IT TODAY!!

The ship was wonderful the service outstanding and the people we met on board were great.

The shows were fun, the on board activities were fun (my team won the boggle challenge) and the food was very good - miles above carnival!

You will enjoy!

Shelly

Robyn....

I was on the Mercury last summer...to Alaska.

If you only have experience on Carnival....you will be overjoyed with Celebrity!!

I have sailed on Princess, Carnival & Celebrity...and Celebrity is simply the best!!!

Go for it!! icon_wink.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

icon_smile.gifThanks to all of you. I appreciate all your suggestions, advice and help.

I am in (it's a dry heat) Arizona. So, if you ever need any questions answered, feel free to email me.

Will call TA tmrw about Mercury.

Thanks, Roybn

I am thinking about booking Mercury for San Francisco round trip.

Can anybody tell me...if this ship is as nice as Century and food is as good as it was on Century?

Does it really have 2 pools?

------------------------------

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Zuiderdam 8/21/04 FLL - Key West - Cozumel - Grand Caymans - Half Moon Cay - FLL

<LI>Splendour of the Seas 05/15/04 Barcelona - Marseilles - Villefranche - Livorno - Chivitavecchia - Naples - Barcelona

<LI>Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/91 Moscow - Astrahan' - Moscow (honeymoon)

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/90 Moscow - Astrahan'- Moscow

<LI>Admiral Nachimov(or Nakhimov) (Black Sea)04/1986 Odessa - Batum

GO BRUINS!!!!

Hi Tatka...sailed her in March and had a marvelous weekicon_smile.gif.

Some folks like her better than Century...I could end up sailing 100 more ships...the CENTURY will always be my favorite.

Now, that is not to say Mercury isn't beautiful...she is.....She is a bit more "modern looking" than Century....A bit longer as well.

Yes there are 2 pools...one outside, same place as the one on Century. The other pool is inside...aft....and has a retractable roof over it. So, they can open it or keep it closed depending on the weather.

The area where the inside pool is located is really lovely. One of the places I like the most. It is called the Palm Springs Buffet area...really nice.

That is where she is bigger...Century doesn't have that area...and outside that buffet area..if you keep walking there are tables and chairs...great place for sailaway.

The food was wonderful too. I don't think you can go wrong with picking the Mercuryicon_smile.gif. I would sail her again.....(after going back on Century for the 3rd time icon_biggrin.gif).

Just arrived home from 6-night sail up the West Coast to Vancouver from San Francisco. Mercury is a lovely ship. Easy to find your way around. Service and crew and extraordinary. Food was very good. Cabins are comfortable with more than adequate storage. You'll love it!

Gale

Oregon

Thank you guys/gals!

After RCL cruise and future HAL (Zuiderdam) cruise I am sure my husband will be impressed with Celebrity service as I was a year ago!

We were very impressed with the pool with retractable roof on Splendour of the Seas. It's very convinient when weather doesn't allow you to swim outside. icon_smile.gif

Louis, happy Century cruise! My son is ready do sail her any day of the week. icon_biggrin.gif

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Zuiderdam 8/21/04 FLL - Key West - Cozumel - Grand Caymans - Half Moon Cay - FLL

<LI>Splendour of the Seas 05/15/04 Barcelona - Marseilles - Villefranche - Livorno - Chivitavecchia - Naples - Barcelona

<LI>Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

GO BRUINS!!!!

Tatka..was that for me? Its Lois.... icon_wink.gif...you spelled a guy's name...

Thanks....I haven't booked to sail her again yet...but I will...sooner or later icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lois R:

Tatka..was that for me? Its Lois.... icon_wink.gif...you spelled a guy's name...

Thanks....I haven't booked to sail her again yet...but I will...sooner or later icon_biggrin.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Lois...English names can be confusing sometimes. icon_wink.gif Yes it was for you.

I will wait for your review about Horizon...as we are planning to cruise to Bermuda and don't want to go on NCL Majesty. Why don't Celebrity sail from Boston! icon_frown.gif

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

GO BRUINS!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tatka:

After RCL cruise and future HAL (Zuiderdam) cruise I am sure my husband will be impressed with Celebrity service as I was a year ago!

We were very impressed with the pool with retractable roof on Splendour of the Seas. It's very convinient when weather doesn't allow you to swim outside. icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are going to love the retractable roof on the Zuiderdam. All of the HAL ships have the retracting roof and it is nice!

Tatka.... I have sailed on the Century and the Mercury. The service/food on both was very consistent. A very high standard.

The Mercury is just a couple of years newer than the Century. They did a few improvements...in space issues.

I will not hesitate to sail either the Mercury or the Century again! icon_wink.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Archived