Question about Carnival cruising

l.ettore

I never been on Carnival, but i had many cruises on Italian cruise lines like Costa and MSC the last on MSC Meraviglia.

DgCj-mO48pw

What are the differences between Carnival and MSC?

Are Carnival ships better than MSC ones?

I have not cruised Costa or MSC but my co-worker has taken 2 on each.

He suggested that the biggest difference is the smoking areas ( not sure if you smoke or not ) but Carnival has far less options for smoking areas.

He also said that the Carnival designs are more Vegas style, so more flair, neon, and bright.. The Breeze, and Vista are toned back from this trend, but all the other ships are still pretty strong.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Have not cruised with MSC. But you mentioned Costa. I tried Costa after multiple Carnival cruises. I thought I would love the food because it's an Italian line. Nope. Carnival's was much better IMO. Also, the beds on the Costa cruise I took were awful. I felt the staff was far less engaged and friendly. Maybe it was a one-off, but feel no need to do that again.

Have you tried Royal's? It sucks!!

Sorrentos is the most horrible excuse for pizza Ive ever seen. A cheap Red Baron frozen pizza in the frozen section of your local grocer are better to me. Carnivals pizza is VERY good. I dont have to be Italian to know that. in fact, most authentic Italian pizza Ive tried isnt good at all. Im a thin crust NY style kind of pizza person myself and Carnival does a fine job at that.

sorrentos is the most horrible excuse for pizza ive ever seen. A cheap red baron frozen pizza in the frozen section of your local grocer are better to me. Carnivals pizza is very good. I dont have to be italian to know that. In fact, most authentic italian pizza ive tried isnt good at all. Im a thin crust ny style kind of pizza person myself and carnival does a fine job at that.

yep!!

On MSC Pizza is not really good, it's served in the buffet. In Costa there's the Pummidoro pizzeria but I'm not into paying for a pizza when I can eat better in the restaurant. I'm more interested in the quality of service and what is included in the price. I had a cruise onboard the Majestic Princess and I loved the style of the service, different from the European style.

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

Have not cruised with MSC. But you mentioned Costa. I tried Costa after multiple Carnival cruises. I thought I would love the food because it's an Italian line. Nope. Carnival's was much better IMO. Also, the beds on the Costa cruise I took were awful. I felt the staff was far less engaged and friendly. Maybe it was a one-off, but feel no need to do that again.

I agree that the quality of the food on Costa is not the best.

My experience on MSC Divina is that they are gorgeous ships, but in a more refined but still flashy way. As compared to Carnival? Dining will be much the same, but you will have free ice water at meals, and in the buffet. Most announcements will be in English only, there will be a larger variety of entertainment, all aimed in English at the American/North American passenger. Service will be similar to Princess. Unless you book a cruise that is longer than a week, you will have a good mix of passenger ages. EM

My experience on MSC Divina is that they are gorgeous ships, but in a more refined but still flashy way. As compared to Carnival? Dining will be much the same, but you will have free ice water at meals, and in the buffet. Most announcements will be in English only, there will be a larger variety of entertainment, all aimed in English at the American/North American passenger. Service will be similar to Princess. Unless you book a cruise that is longer than a week, you will have a good mix of passenger ages. EM

How is the quality of the food?

I have sailed on Carnival and MSC. The MSC Poesia had its strong points, like better entertainment (by far), but in general I find the food to be better on Carnival. I also prefer the balcony cabins on Carnival. They are larger, have more storage space, and are laid out better. In fact, for my tastes, entertainment is perhaps the only area where MSC exceeds Carnival. In all fairness, our one MSC cruise was about four years ago. A lot has changed with Carnival in that time. Perhaps it has with MSC as well. Pizza? Carnival wins that one hands down, imo. The food was decent on the Poesia, but variety was lacking, especially when it comes to desserts. We did enjoy our cruise on the Poesia though and I would certainly give MSC a second chance. Overall though, it's Carnival for me.