Early Dining on Anthem

Thank you! That's really early. In reviewing old adventure ocean daily there are family activities such as family science experiment on many days at 5:15. Since most families will choose early dining this seems like a bad time. Or perhaps they but it at this time to cut down on crowding at these activities.

Thank you! That's really early. In reviewing old adventure ocean daily there are family activities such as family science experiment on many days at 5:15. Since most families will choose early dining this seems like a bad time. Or perhaps they but it at this time to cut down on crowding at these activities.

I think they are trying to move people to My Time by making the early time too early.

I think they are trying to move people to My Time by making the early time too early.

because Anthem was designed with Dynamic Dining in mind which assumes the turnover of the MDR tables about 3 times a night.

because Anthem was designed with Dynamic Dining in mind which assumes the turnover of the MDR tables about 3 times a night.

No experience on Anthem, but it seems more and more ships based out of the US are moving to 5:30pm early dining.

No experience on Anthem, but it seems more and more ships based out of the US are moving to 5:30pm early dining.

It could be a combination of push toward more MTD and tradionalists wanting to eat that early.

kudos to those that can wait from noon till 8 or 9 to eat. not me!

Late diners probably don't have lunch at noon and may have other food in between. Don't bother visiting some European places where very late dinner (like 10PM) is the norm.

I am scheduled for MTD and when I went to schedule a time to eat it was so late. Can I show up at 5:30 and get a seat or do I have to make a reservation when I get on board?

We did MTD on Anthem, without reservations, in February. We went to dinner between 5:30 and 6 every night. The non reservation line was pretty long but it moved pretty quickly. The first night was an absolute nightmare due to being put in a section where the waiter had two tables of 8 who all had food allergies. All his time was spent trying to figure out what would work for each individual in that group. The head waiter took over those tables and we finally started getting our food, but it was a 2+ hour meal for us. The rest of the week was fine, we asked to be seated in a different area, liked our table and waiters, ended up getting them the rest of the week.

They will ask you if you want to make a reservation for the rest of the week at 5:30 or whatever time it is you go to dinner. If that works for you, I would do it. Definitely book a reservation for formal nights as those nights were really crowded and the line went out to the elevators.

We did MTD on Anthem, without reservations, in February. We went to dinner between 5:30 and 6 every night. The non reservation line was pretty long but it moved pretty quickly. The first night was an absolute nightmare due to being put in a section where the waiter had two tables of 8 who all had food allergies. All his time was spent trying to figure out what would work for each individual in that group. The head waiter took over those tables and we finally started getting our food, but it was a 2+ hour meal for us. The rest of the week was fine, we asked to be seated in a different area, liked our table and waiters, ended up getting them the rest of the week.

They will ask you if you want to make a reservation for the rest of the week at 5:30 or whatever time it is you go to dinner. If that works for you, I would do it. Definitely book a reservation for formal nights as those nights were really crowded and the line went out to the elevators.

So can I make a reservation once I get on board or do I wait until after dinner the first evening?

So can I make a reservation once I get on board or do I wait until after dinner the first evening?

You can go to the MTD desk right after you board and make reservations.

You can make a reservation once you board using the Royal IQ app or you can go to the MTD desk and book. You can also go when you want with no reservation. When we have dined without a reservation, they have always tried to get us to book reservations after dinner for the rest of the week.