Any comments/experience with the Studio cabins?

I had one in the Gateway for the first time last December. They are pretty easy to get around on that ship there are a couple of main doors to the studio area that only studio people have access to. Once in that area it's easy to navigate to your cabin or the solo lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a solo cabin on Epic. Chose my cabin based on ease of getting out of the solo area because my family were on board in balconies and wanted them to be able to reach me...but would not recomend that outer location to others as it was next to lounge and the outer door noise was pretty constant. I loved my little cabin otherwise though. Very comfortable and plenty of storage for just me.

I did a solo on the Escape a few years ago. The only negative I had had to be the surface area in the room, the only place to put things on was the desk area which is tiny and not deep and the sink which does not have much space to Lay out toiletries.

I did a solo on the Escape a few years ago. The only negative I had had to be the surface area in the room, the only place to put things on was the desk area which is tiny and not deep and the sink which does not have much space to Lay out toiletries.

Yes that's true not a lot of counter space. There are some cubbies for stuff by the sink. But I'm gonna bring an over the door shoe organizer for my next studio cruise to help organize some of my stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot of storage but no drawers. I used packing cubes to organize my clothes on the shelves. That really helped me. I didn't need the extra hangers I brought. Plenty in the closet.

I also used a magnet hook on the bathroom door as my "towel holder" for when I showered. Kept me from dripping water everywhere.

Anyway, I loved the solo cabin and wanted to pass along tips that helped me make the most of my space.

I've sailed in the solo cabins on the Escape, Getaway, and Epic, and the only obstacle would be the entrance door to the Studio complex... Once you're settled in it's just like going to any other cabin.

I pulled out my little chair and used that for flat storage. I also used packing cubes on the shelves to arrange clothing. I always travel with an over the door hanger so that I can hang my toiletries bag. I actually keep it in an outside pocket of the bag. Another tip, I asked my steward for a robe and she brought me one of the terry cloth robes. Keep the toilet door open when going to the bathroom if you're claustrophobic.

Book a cabin that's forward or aft rather than midship and you won't notice the rat maze. I had a bit of a walk to get to the solo lounge from my aft cabin on the Epic, but for getting around the rest of the ship it was a perfect location. Also loved the studio itself... small but almost perfectly formed. :)

I pulled out my little chair and used that for flat storage. I also used packing cubes on the shelves to arrange clothing. I always travel with an over the door hanger so that I can hang my toiletries bag. I actually keep it in an outside pocket of the bag. Another tip, I asked my steward for a robe and she brought me one of the terry cloth robes. Keep the toilet door open when going to the bathroom if you're claustrophobic.

Do you know if they do this on the Breakaway? (the robes, I mean). Was there any charge? (besides a tip, of course) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I quite enjoy the studios even though I've had ocean views, balconies, and even a couple of Haven suites. I find that the waterfront gives me a great place to hang out outside and I've even bought the Vibe pass a couple of times.

Do you know if they do this on the Breakaway? (the robes, I mean). Was there any charge? (besides a tip, of course) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can always ask your steward if s/he can get you one, the worst case scenario is that they say no.