First Cruise. Anthem Of The Seas 8/26-8/31.

First cruise, first post.

Wife and I took the plunge and booked our first ever cruise on RC Anthem Of The Seas out of NJ 8/26-8/31.

I booked a 'large Interior with virtual balcony'. I've heard that you're not in the room much and was wondering if I should look into upgrading our room or if this is sufficient. Current assigned room is on the 11th deck. I understand that there are probably not any tricks to getting a better room other than opening your wallet.

I have a million questions but I think this is a good place to start. This board has a lot of info and I have begun the daunting task of sifting through threads of interest.

Thanks,

Duke

This is a great review to read lots of fabulous pictures hope it helps answer some of your questions. Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2511902&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2511902&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that you're not in the room much and was wondering if I should look into upgrading our room or if this is sufficient.

You have nothing but sea days one an overnight in Bermuda - unless you want to sit outside staring at the ocean, not much need for a balcony. However, do watch prices as the balcony price may drop to the what you paid for your interior in which case the upgrade makes sense.

You have nothing but sea days one an overnight in Bermuda - unless you want to sit outside staring at the ocean, not much need for a balcony. However, do watch prices as the balcony price may drop to the what you paid for your interior in which case the upgrade makes sense.

Good advice, and point taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's 11229.

You should be very happy with 11229. It's not a connecting cabin and it's located very close to the aft elevators, which means it's very centrally located. You have passenger decks above and below you. IMO it's a keeper.

You should be very happy with 11229. It's not a connecting cabin and it's located very close to the aft elevators, which means it's very centrally located. You have passenger decks above and below you. IMO it's a keeper.

Thank you. It does seem like a more preferable location than others when you put it that way. Makes sense.

dont spend too much. day after you get back you will begin looking at more cruises. its addictive. i went 2 months later after my 1st one.

Better yet, book one while on the cruise. You will get some extra on board credit that way. Try to scope out what you might want to do next beforehand. Then if you are having a good time make an appointment to book on board.

You can keep an eye on pricing since sometimes there are drops close to sailing. We sailed where there no virtual balconies and only had the inside room. I hope you are happy with Anthem! We sail on her for the first time in September. Have a great cruise!

You can keep an eye on pricing since sometimes there are drops close to sailing. We sailed where there no virtual balconies and only had the inside room. I hope you are happy with Anthem! We sail on her for the first time in September. Have a great cruise!

OP is inside final payment, they may be able to upgrade at their expense with little or no additional funds, but no refunds or OBC if the price drops.

Both of you have a wonderful cruise.

Better yet, book one while on the cruise. You will get some extra on board credit that way. Try to scope out what you might want to do next beforehand. Then if you are having a good time make an appointment to book on board.

i regret not doing that but i already had splurged on haven on NCL so wasnt planning on going again cruising for a long time. i was fortunate to find the deal i did where i paid 571 for my part of a balcony room in december.