Can I fill my water bottle on the ship or do I have to buy a new bottle?

cverna

Am I going to need to buy a fresh bottle of water everytime I want a drink? Am I allowed to bring bottles of water onboard? Is there a water fountain where I can fill my water bottle throughout the day?

This is my first cruise, can you tell!

I took a couple of the 24 ounce Gatoraade bottles and filled them in my room every afternoon and placed them in my ice bucket. By evening those saintly room stewards had packed ice in the bucket around the bottles and the water was nice and cold in the morning.

Assuming that you're drinking directly from the bottle, I recommend that you purchase a new bottle each day, refill that one over the course of the day and then dispose of it. OR thoroughly wash the bottle daily with hot soapy water and allow to air-dry before refilling it.

Although my daughter and I drink ship water with no issues, my husband does not like the taste so we fill a cardboard box with large bottles of water and a six pack of smaller ones and send it with our luggage. We then refill the smaller ones and never have had a problem.

Does the water that comes from the room taste good? Did you buy bottled water at the ports?

On the Norwegian Sun, the water comes from three sources:

1) bunkered while in Houston -- I assume this is Houston tapwater

2) reverse osmosis system on board

3) desalination system on board

I can tell you it all tasted good and all the same to me. I usually drink tap water that's been through a filter such as Britta or Pur, and this tasted about the same. We brought our sports water bottles from home and filled them in our bathroom sink on the ship prior to getting off in Belize and Roatan.

Archived