Airlines changed time for flight home!

FunForUs

I booked my flight to LaGuardia in April, we always fly in a day or two before the cruise. The end of June, I recieved an email telling me my flight had been changed, the flight number, but not the time of departure and arrival.

Today for the heck of it, I went into Delta to check the seat status of the flight, to see if it's full or nearly full at this point. As I was scrolling down the flights, I couldn't find ours. So, I figured it might already be sold out.

I signed into my account, and found that the time had been changed to 3 hours sooner. So we will actually be getting into LaGuardia before our original flight had left.

Thank goodness it's no big deal, and not a problem, but not even a notice to let you know of the changes....now I have to call our car service and change the arrival time with them.

Every since America West morphed into something else with their mergers (US West and now it is American Airlines) we have stopped flying on them. Southwest has been pretty consistent over the years since then. It even makes it worthwhile (kind of) to fly in and out of LAX, as bad as that place is. :(

YMMV

Edited by ar1950

One hitch...did you buy your ticket from a travel consolidator like Expedia, Travelocity, or Priceline? If you did, then you will have to go through them, not American Airlines. I had this happen recently. My flight was completely cancelled, and they expected me to wait 18 hours in Phoenix for the next day's flight! Not acceptable. American Airlines wouldn't talk to me once they found out I had booked with Expedia.

I called and had a very nice, but firm conversation with a young man in a foreign country who represented Expedia. I proposed an alternative flight that I found by searching before I called him. He made no promises, but I urged him to make the request to American Airlines. Five days later, my change came through with the same price I had already paid.

Hi all.

As an Australian we are unaware of these constant (?) flight changes in the US. We'll be doing some internal flights in the US next year to make our cruise connection at Fort Lauderdale so can you advise me which airlines to possibly avoid.

I get a bit paranoid about flight changes or late flights so we'll probably fly ion the day before.

Many thanks for your advice.

They're not constant by any means, but they do happen. Since the "legacy" US airlines (United, American and Delta) schedule flights 11 months in advance, sometimes they change their minds on the schedules closer in. Usually this kind of thing will occur 2-3 months prior to your flight. As mentioned earlier, anything more than a 60 minute change means you can change your flight to something else. So, keep an eye on it, but don't freak out that it's going to change on you multiple times a week or anything like that.

Call American Airlines and insist that they make better arrangements for you. It is their fault be making this change and they should be able to make better accomadations for you at no extra cost. I have done it before.

I totally agree with you.

Hi everyone,

Well, I gave all of your helpful advice and inputs lots of consideration and even thought of few different scenarios, but in the end, not being a big risk taker, I just called American and we are now booked on the 12:50 out of LAX, no additional charges. I did ask if they would give us preferred seats due to the inconvenience but they declined.

Thanks for all your help. Shirley