Chocolate Ship Upcycle

marti2282

We cruised Divina in March and brought home our chocolate ships. Since then, I have been sliding them around in the pantry hating to throw them away. I chiseled off a bit and it tasted like chocolate, but the texture was awful. It was dry and crumbly and total unappealing.

Here they are -- a new life in my Chocolate Cookies. REALLY, REALLY good!

a9e698aa2dd1e68f05967e4613442ca9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruised Divina in March and brought home our chocolate ships. Since then, I have been sliding them around in the pantry hating to throw them away. I chiseled off a bit and it tasted like chocolate, but the texture was awful. It was dry and crumbly and total unappealing.

Here they are -- a new life in my Chocolate Cookies. REALLY, REALLY good!

a9e698aa2dd1e68f05967e4613442ca9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great idea. Did you just shave it or grind it up to use in the recipe?

Without a doubt, with all of the astoundingly insane posts I have read, this takes the cake, or should I say, the cookie.

Having said that, I heartily approve! ( says the man who had four day old soup for lunch!!!)

Will you share your recipe? :D

Happy to share. This is one of my favorites.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 8 oz chocolate cut into small chunks
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 t vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
  • Melt 4 oz of chocolate with the butter in a large mixing bowl in microwave.
  • Add sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla to chocolate and butter; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in remaining 4 oz of chocolate chunks.
  • Scoop batter using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes. Transfer on parchment to wire racks. Let cool.
Edited by marti2282

Happy to share. This is one of my favorites.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 8 oz chocolate cut into small chunks
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 t vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
  • Melt 4 oz of chocolate with the butter in a large mixing bowl in microwave.
  • Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla to chocolate and butter; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in remaining 4 oz of chocolate chunks.
  • Scoop batter using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes. Transfer on parchment to wire racks. Let cool.

Wow. Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing and will definitely have to try this. So you used the ship for the 8oz. of chocolate.

The cookies look really delicious!!! We had a weird experience with the chocolate ship. We shared one of our ships with our table mates after dinner and it was creamy and delicious! Next night shared again and the ship was crumbly and didn't taste anything like the first ship. Not sure why, but we are looking forward to receiving them again on our next cruise!!! :)

We just got back from the Meravigilia. The ship has been in our fridge since Friday. I am so tempted to break into it tonight and make those cookies!

Did you cut the ship into chunks?

You won't be sorry!

I cut it into chunks. There were lots of crumbles too, but enough chunks to fold in at the end. Used the crumbles plus extra chunks in the 4 oz that was melted with the butter.

Enjoy!

You won't be sorry!

I cut it into chunks. There were lots of crumbles too, but enough chunks to fold in at the end. Used the crumbles plus extra chunks in the 4 oz that was melted with the butter.

Enjoy!

Me and our little girl tried to make this last night. It didn't turn out right for us. The cookies were powderly and dry. I followed the directions and put the exact ingredients. We melted the 1/2 of the ship in the butter. The remaining 1/2 we used to fold into the dough for chunks.

I always give one of our chocolate ships to a friend. I'm going to pass on this recipe to her as she's always baking - hopefully it'll result in me enjoying one or two cookies without any effort. :evilsmile:

:-). I like baking, but just not good at it. :-)

We gave one ship to my mom's friend and kept one for ourselves. We were surprised that Meravigilia is a new ship, we thought the chocolate ship would have been fresh. It was ok.

:-). I like baking, but just not good at it. :-)

We gave one ship to my mom's friend and kept one for ourselves. We were surprised that Meravigilia is a new ship, we thought the chocolate ship would have been fresh. It was ok.

I keep them in the fridge for months then eventually end up eating them (even though I've yet to have a good one!) only when I have a real goo for chocolate and have nothing else in! We get 8 ships a year - we often gift one to someone we've met onboard, but I always bring one home for my friend's kids. What they do with it, I don't know! I've never asked and she's never said LOL!

Me and our little girl tried to make this last night. It didn't turn out right for us. The cookies were powderly and dry. I followed the directions and put the exact ingredients. We melted the 1/2 of the ship in the butter. The remaining 1/2 we used to fold into the dough for chunks.

So sorry yours weren't good! The ones I made were crispy on the outside and chewy inside.