Pride of America suite question

Signet

We are considering taking the POA, Hawaii cruise, next April or May. We have done many cruises (10+), but never on NCL. I have never seen so many mixed reviews on a ship, the food and the service. Some think it's the greatest ship, while others did not enjoy it all. But everyone loves Hawaii :D.

In any event, we usually book suites, and the question I have is most of the suites (not all) show as adjoining cabins. The deck plans seem to have the adjoining arrows out where the balcony is. Is the adjoining portion on the balcony, or actually in the room itself? If it's a balcony door that could open, that would not be to bad. If the adjoining door is inside the cabin, that I'm not crazy about. I understand the need for some adjoining cabins, but there seem to be an extra ordinary amount of adjoining cabins. Are the doors inside the cabin, or out on the balcony. I think I know the answer (inside), but looking to confirm. Thanks

The door is inside. It's actually 2 doors, one within each cabin.

You can see an example of it in this video right around the 4 sec mark, look to the right.

Most all the balcony dividers are designed to open (not usually permitted for pax to open them).

Edited by triptolemus

We went on POA in 2006 and it was a train wreck - so much so I said we'd never sail POA again. That was when NCL had 3 ships in Hawaii.

I've watched over the years and the reviews have gotten a lot better now with only 1 ship there. We sailed March 2016 and it was completely the opposite of what we had in 2006. It felt very much like being on any other NCL ship.

BTW - the OS on 12 are very nice and have a whirlpool on the balcony.

......BTW - the OS on 12 are very nice and have a whirlpool on the balcony.

Agreed. We had an OS on our POA cruise and the hot tub on the balcony was great for relaxing each day after a busy day touring the island(s).