Carnival gift card

arkstfan

First cruise in over a decade. My recollection is you post a credit card and your room key is tied to it to purchase anything on ship.

I'm taking my adult kids and while I don't expect they'd run up unreasonable charges if I tied their room to my card, I'd like to "spot them" say $200 for on board use.

If I give them Carnival gift cards can they use that for their room charges? If that doesn't cover it, they can put their own credit or debit cards on file. My wife and I just wanted to make this part of our gift as we celebrate our third annual 30th anniversary (wife says we will celebrate our 30th each year until we hit our 35th. ;p)

First cruise in over a decade. My recollection is you post a credit card and your room key is tied to it to purchase anything on ship.

I'm taking my adult kids and while I don't expect they'd run up unreasonable charges if I tied their room to my card, I'd like to "spot them" say $200 for on board use.

If I give them Carnival gift cards can they use that for their room charges? If that doesn't cover it, they can put their own credit or debit cards on file. My wife and I just wanted to make this part of our gift as we celebrate our third annual 30th anniversary (wife says we will celebrate our 30th each year until we hit our 35th. ;p)

Yes, and that is probably the best way to go.

They can use the gift cards prior to cruising too by purchasing cruise cash through the website. Will work the same, but they won't have to worry about losing the card between when you give it to them and sailing.

They can use the gift cards prior to cruising too by purchasing cruise cash through the website. Will work the same, but they won't have to worry about losing the card between when you give it to them and sailing.

There is a concern doing it that way. Though they probably will use that amount if you purchase cruise cash and don't use it there is no refund for it.

If you wait and put the gift cards on your account when you board and don't use it all there is a refund of whats left over

There is a concern doing it that way. Though they probably will use that amount if you purchase cruise cash and don't use it there is no refund for it.

If you wait and put the gift cards on your account when you board and don't use it all there is a refund of whats left over

True, although it is supposed to be refunded in the form of another gift card. You may get lucky and get someone at GS that will do it, but don't count on it.

I think OP would be better off setting them up separate cash accounts and just putting cash on them. Then if they don't use it all, it can be withdrawn at the kiosks or at GS.

To add to what has already been said, if you link a credit card to their S&S account, and also deposit cash, it will pull from the cash pool first. If that's used up, it will then use the credit card.

It places a $100 hold on the credit card for cruises 2-5 days long and a $200 hold for cruises 6 days & over. If that hold amount is reached, it then repeats.

If you have verizon wireless get them two hundred dollar gift certificates through Verizon. You would be generous and save 20 dollars!

Not a Verizon customer but I can save 40 cents per gallon on gas if buy at Kroger this summer.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips!