Review of Solstice Alaska Cruise and Visit to Banff with lots of Photos & Menus

MVPinBoynton

We have just posted a review to our website with lots of photos of our recently completed Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. Also included are menus from the bars and eating venues. We also took a post-cruise trip to the incredibly beautiful area of Banff and Jasper in Alberta Canada.

We were most fortunate to have great weather for the whole two weeks we were gone. That is most unusual, especially for the Alaska ports. We had not been on the Solstice since she was brand new in early 2009,so it was nice to see that she is still in great shape.

We were blown away with the beauty of our post cruise land tour of Alberta, Canada. I had always heard about how beautiful the Banff and Lake Louise area were. They have been on our bucket list for a longtime. With the Alaska cruise only being seven days, this land tour made for a great extension for seeing more of nature’s beauty.

The review is located at www.thepreismans.com.I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning a cruise; and that it brings back some fond memories to those of you who have been able to visit these amazing places.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

Thanks! I noticed that the Affogato is still on the Cafe al Bacio menu. Do you happen to know if it was available? I thought I had read that Celebrity had dropped this drink from the menu.

Laura

Thanks! I noticed that the Affogato is still on the Cafe al Bacio menu. Do you happen to know if it was available? I thought I had read that Celebrity had dropped this drink from the menu.

Laura

Sorry, I don't have the slightest idea, since we just got what we always get.

Y'all hit the Jackpot - Captain Tasos AND Damien DeLorenzis! Probably two of the most engaging and genuine ships officers I have ever had the fortune to sail with! They both run a great ship and you can tell that staff and passengers alike have a genuine respect and affection for them both!

As always thank you for all the great port and ship photos and the detailed descriptions. I have often used your reviews as research to help decide between certain vessels or itineraries - you hard work and efforts over the years are greatly appreciated by many, including myself :)

We have just posted a review to our website with lots of photos of our recently completed Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. Also included are menus from the bars and eating venues. We also took a post-cruise trip to the incredibly beautiful area of Banff and Jasper in Alberta Canada.

We were most fortunate to have great weather for the whole two weeks we were gone. That is most unusual, especially for the Alaska ports. We had not been on the Solstice since she was brand new in early 2009,so it was nice to see that she is still in great shape.

We were blown away with the beauty of our post cruise land tour of Alberta, Canada. I had always heard about how beautiful the Banff and Lake Louise area were. They have been on our bucket list for a longtime. With the Alaska cruise only being seven days, this land tour made for a great extension for seeing more of nature’s beauty.

The review is located at www.thepreismans.com.I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning a cruise; and that it brings back some fond memories to those of you who have been able to visit these amazing places.

Thanks for touring our beautiful province. The sights are always breathtaking!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Enjoyed reading your review and glad that you loved some of our Province of Alberta. We are going to do the Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan cruise with our British friends in 2019 so I enjoyed reading the places you visited. I have read a lot of your reviews before this one and noticed you went to Egypt quite a few years ago. We are doing a Nile cruise in Oct/Nov. and I read your review from start to finish. Even though it was quite a few years ago, I don't think much will have changed. I really enjoyed reading it and took some notes. We chose this particular tour because it sails to Abu Simbel and docks there until the evening and we see the light and sound show before sailing on. That was the one spot I wanted to see and did not want to risk it as an optional tour. Thanks so much and please continue to post your review and pictures. Loved them!

Enjoyed reading your review and glad that you loved some of our Province of Alberta. We are going to do the Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan cruise with our British friends in 2019 so I enjoyed reading the places you visited. I have read a lot of your reviews before this one and noticed you went to Egypt quite a few years ago. We are doing a Nile cruise in Oct/Nov. and I read your review from start to finish. Even though it was quite a few years ago, I don't think much will have changed. I really enjoyed reading it and took some notes. We chose this particular tour because it sails to Abu Simbel and docks there until the evening and we see the light and sound show before sailing on. That was the one spot I wanted to see and did not want to risk it as an optional tour. Thanks so much and please continue to post your review and pictures. Loved them!

Glad you enjoyed the review. You will love the Rocky Mountaineer, most people do. It is a drop dead gorgeous part of the world up there around Banff.

I am so glad that you will be able to do a Nile cruise. It was amazing for us. We are so glad we did when we did. Choosing the one that goes to Abu Simbel is a smart move; plus you get more time there. Have a great time.

Glad you enjoyed the review. You will love the Rocky Mountaineer, most people do. It is a drop dead gorgeous part of the world up there around Banff.

I am so glad that you will be able to do a Nile cruise. It was amazing for us. We are so glad we did when we did. Choosing the one that goes to Abu Simbel is a smart move; plus you get more time there. Have a great time.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will remain quiet in Egypt! We had this booked back in 2011 when the riots broke out and had to cancel. Like you it is my #1 on the bucket list and I was so disappointed. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. It has been a long time coming lol. Happy travelling!

Thank you for taking the time and putting in the hard work to make these wonderful reviews, pics, menus, etc. available. I keep pouring over them - getting ready for our time on the Solstice in August!

Thank you for taking the time and putting in the hard work to make these wonderful reviews, pics, menus, etc. available. I keep pouring over them - getting ready for our time on the Solstice in August!

I hope it helped some in your planning. August is almost here. :D