shrimp-sized lobster

Nope they are great and unlike Royal you can get as many as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's up with that. I ordered 2 from Royal last year. Did they change something, plus it was a 5 dayer. Ordered 2 on Pride last month, yummy.

Lobster is a bottom feeder, gutter provisions that got a fortuitous PR makeover. Eating steak served in the MDR is consuming cruelty. There's more than enough reasons for making different choices in the dining room. Why bother making up new ones?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

NCL stopped serving complimentary Lobster in MDR several years ago. We would take Lobsters on NCL as depicted here all day any day.

Really. What Royal cruise were you on that they limited the number of lobster tails you could have?

This ranks up there with the RCL stock price dropping post.

The Lobster on the Vista was smaller then the one in the pic. No, they are not great btw ...... These same people love the flavorless 2 oz flat iron steaks Carnival gives you as well in the MDR. They're the best ..... said no one ever. :rolleyes:

Wow, you pay $500 for a 7 day cruise to Caribbean islands, housing, food, entertainment included and somehow think that you are "entitled" to Waldorf Astoria cuisine. SOME PEOPLE!!!!

Seriously, I have no complaints about the food quality at all. I know the lobster is not a 20 oz rock lobster, and that is ok. It is lobster and if cooked right, tastes like lobster. If I want more, I will order more. The food might not be five star, but it is good enough and I can always find something I like. The only food that has ever disappointed me in the MDR was the nightly vegetarian Indian dinner (and I love Indian food), but that is ok, there are plenty of other things to order. Your experience is what you make of it, and the food is certainly good enough for me to not go hungry.

Does anyone else feel sad for the shrimp-sized lobster (tails) served on elegant night?news-lobster-night.jpg

I'd be thrilled to have that plate in front of me right now. Yum. You can always choose the steakhouse option for an upcharge if you want a larger lobster. Thank goodness we have choices.

Really. What Royal cruise were you on that they limited the number of lobster tails you could have?

This ranks up there with the RCL stock price dropping post.

I did not know you were ranking my posts. How am I doing? Are you the Royal poster police on the Carnival boards? For the record it was on Oasis, it was asked we were told that theirs were bigger and to let them know after and the the limit was 2 (I did not ask for more than that.. ). I have more comments if you want but that would be taking away from the thread theme.

Wow, you pay $500 for a 7 day cruise to Caribbean islands, housing, food, entertainment included and somehow think that you are "entitled" to Waldorf Astoria cuisine. SOME PEOPLE!!!!

Some posters have issues with Carnival.... lots of them.

Edited by jimbo5544

I'd be thrilled to have that plate in front of me right now. Yum. You can always choose the steakhouse option for an upcharge if you want a larger lobster. Thank goodness we have choices.

Options are always a good thing

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but you really don't want large lobsters or lobster tails. Typically the larger the lobster the tougher the lobster is going to be and thus not as tasty. So a small lobster tail especially with an unlimited amount you can order is nothing to complain about. Another poster did mention that its also how its cooked so thats definitely important too.

... For the record it was on Oasis, it was asked we were told that theirs were bigger and to let them know after and the the limit was 2 (I did not ask for more than that.. )...

Sail Royal a lot and if I had a waiter say that to me i would tell him to send over the dining room manager.

Sail Royal a lot and if I had a waiter say that to me i would tell him to send over the dining room manager.

Maybe a fluke, he was the only head waiter we have ever had who asked every night for a perfect review score.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums