Does anyone know if you can use a credit card for rentals at Horseshoe Bay...

ekmmom

Thanks! And oh no, was it that bad? We went once years ago and it wasn't great but ok for the couple of hours to kayak and paddle boat

You can use a credit card for rentals at Horseshoe.

I don't know about Snorkel. Park. You could not pay me to go there again....

Thanks! And oh no, was it that bad? We went once years ago and it wasn't great but ok for the couple of hours to kayak and paddle boat

I meant as a beach with a chair or umbrella that you asked about. If I did kayaking or paddle boat then I might go there. The beach aspect would be of lessor importance then.

Edited by Charles4515

Just one thing to keep in mind if using a credit card, you might be hit with by your CC company with a foreign transaction charge. I would just plan to bring some cash with me.

While not Bermuda, we were in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago, and a couple was looking to buy some jewelry from a small store in El Centro. All they had was a "traveler card" which couldn't be charged in pesos. Needless to say, they didn't get what they wanted. I purchased something for my wife, and paid cash.

Moral: Have some cash with you.

Just one thing to keep in mind if using a credit card, you might be hit with by your CC company with a foreign transaction charge. I would just plan to bring some cash with me.

While not Bermuda, we were in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago, and a couple was looking to buy some jewelry from a small store in El Centro. All they had was a "traveler card" which couldn't be charged in pesos. Needless to say, they didn't get what they wanted. I purchased something for my wife, and paid cash.

Moral: Have some cash with you.

So that people don't get confused since many like myself have credit cards that don't charge foreign transaction fees, my cards don't charge the foreign transaction fee, there might be an additional service charge for using a credit card for rentals. Not from your card. I don't know since I used cash. But for the taxis that accept credit,cards, there is an extra 3 per cent service fee. Also for tokens and transportation passes at the Visitor Information Centers they were charging a 3 per cent service fee. When using credit cards at stores and restaurants they didn't charge an extra service fee.