Equinox 6-16 October

flipflap78

Good morning, can you please give me a hint?

My husband and I will arrive from Italy to do the Equinox cruise from 6 to 16 October.

For the return, having the flight at 20 o'clock in the evening, how would I do with the luggage?

Since the baggage valet service for us is not possible ( from/to Italy), is there another chance that the “ship” will carry me the luggage at the airport? We wouldn't want to have the suitcases with us all day

Thank you

Maybe you could take the train to Rome Termini station and leave the bags in the luggage lockers there, spend the day in Rome then take the airport express train to Fiumicino airport. Alternatively pay to stay on board till 3pm then take the ship transport to the airport

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I will be on the same cruise. I don't know if you have plans for the day of the 16th, but one idea would be for you to buy a "day swimming pool pass" at one of the Miami hotels that offer them. Then store your bags with the hotel bellman while you are at the pool. You do not have a room, only use of the pool. For example, I think that the Kimpton Epic Hotel (not too far from the pier) offers a day pool pass for $20 per person. A pass at the Four Seasons is $50 per person. Here is a website that has some information: https://book.daypassapp.com/united-states/miami

Edited by Tarf

Maybe you could take the train to Rome Termini station and leave the bags in the luggage lockers there, spend the day in Rome then take the airport express train to Fiumicino airport. Alternatively pay to stay on board till 3pm then take the ship transport to the airport

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

They are sailing on the Equinox which is ported in Miami.

If you have not seen the Florida Everglades it is a Celebrity excursion usually offered on disembark day starting at the ship and ending at the airport. I believe it would drop you at the airport around 3pm (15 o'clock). It's beautiful, interesting and something to see. My wife and I did this several years ago and enjoyed it.

I presume since you are flying to Italy you are probably flying out of Miami??? Just know that the airport in Miami is not that close to the beach. If you have not seen South Beach or Miami Beach it is beautiful and something you should try to do. HOWEVER, leave plenty of time to make the transfer to the airport.

OR...you could use a pool at an airport hotel that has a shuttle to the airport. I think Hilton also has a pretty big pool at it's Miami airport hotel. Maybe a day pass there and then use their airport shuttle.

The Miami airport has a hotel with a rooftop pool. We have stayed there with overnight connecting flights to South America. I'm sure they must offer a day rate and use the pool right at the airport. The hotel is called "The MIA" (that the symbol on luggage tabs for Miami International airport) It's right in the airport concourse and also has a decent restaurant for a pre-flight meal if you wanted.

Good luck with your plan.

Thank you all!

Good pool solution, although we did not love her much, but thanks for the information!

I had read the excursion to everglades with Celebrity, but the price seemed high.

Do you think that for a flight at 8 o'clock, getting to 3 is not too early? I thought there was at least the baggage delivery service from the ship to the airport, to we can take a tour in Miami and then take a taxi and go to the airport for the 5

I read somewhere that someone used a service called Luggage Lounge in South Beach MIA. There is also a flyer bus that will take you to MIA for $3 from South Beach but you would have your luggage with you using this bus. Uber may be a better option to get to the airport.