June 30 - Italy and Greek Isles on Reflection Review

pl281

On the airplane home so I figured I would start the review....

So about us ...My wife and myself (36/37) and our 4 year old (Sky Suite 1) and my folks (mid 60s) In a signature suite

Pre Cruise

We started out the trip with a couple of days in Rome before hand. We use Miles&Miles for our airport transfer / walking tours / transfer to the ship. This worked out great and was a nice "warm up" for all the walking we'd be doing. We had the same private guide for our 3 tours that we did

In terms of dinners around Rome - I actually used trip advisor and looked for the top rated family friendly near our hotel.

========

Getting to the ship - we got on the ship around 11:30 and went to Luminae for lunch. We got our 6:30 reservations for dinner for the entire cruise which was great. We had Mustafa and Lazar as our waiters for the entire cruise and they were great.... especially with little one who is a very picky eater and we were lucky to get him to eat blueberries

==========

By 1:30 the cabins were ready. We quickly meet our Butler Anu and cabin attendant Made.

One thing that I know gets asked on the board is what can I ask the butler for....

Well we asked for

1) Always to have a couple of cartons of milk

2) Arizona Lemon Tea & Diet

3) Sparkling water and bottle water for excursions

Also in terms of fruit he alway made sure we had some bananas and strawberries

every evening / morning the fridge would be replenished

=======

We did all of our excursions via the ship - I will most more about those later / tomorrow - also I will scan in the dailies as well

=======

We found the food in Luminae excellent and the food in the buffet was fine as well... I know food is very subjective.

We didn't do any of the shows so I can't talk to those. Also I can't answer "who was on board" quite frankly we didn't really care who was on board or not - as long as those that were serving us gave the level of service we were expecting we were fine.

Please let me know if you have questions and I will try to answer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for your review. Hope you thoroughly enjoyed! We are regular suite cruisers on Celebrity but as yet have not cruised on Reflection (booked on next year, Caribbean).

We are aware there are more suites on Reflection...how busy was Michael's Club, pre and post dinner and was there ever a queue for Luminae?

Thanks

1) Luminae Queue - Not that I saw - we were in at 6:30 and out between 7:30 and 8 most nights and never saw a queue

It actually seemed as the cruise went on we saw fewer people - not sure if this was due to speciality restaurants or something else

2) Michael's Club - we didn't end up there really as our butler took care of what we needed in the suite and so it was all set - the couple times we stopped in after dinner it seem very empty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I'm thinking of stuff on the flight here...... We had unlimited internet and stayed logged in pretty much the entire trip....we couldn't stream anything, however it was actually pretty ok speed - I was able to get some app updates downloaded....depending on time of day etc the speed varied, but I was able to work on my various WordPress website

Also a note: the system does not support VPN access, however it does support WiFi calling (iPhone on Verizon)

Hi there, we´ll be cruising in a Sky Suite - first time suite - the same itinerary... One question is if the minibar in the fridge is included or not?. as you wrote: "every evening / morning the fridge would be replenished". what was replenished?

and thanks for your quick review :-)

J.-

The minibar/fridge itself is not included - so we had the butler empty it - we had premium beverage with the room so he took our card numbers and he replenished the drinks we asked to have in the minibar

The minibar/fridge itself is not included - so we had the butler empty it - we had premium beverage with the room so he took our card numbers and he replenished the drinks we asked to have in the minibar

I've never heard of a butler replenishing drinks that are included in a drinks package - premium or otherwise. Even sodas or sparkling water. Is this a new perk for suites?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering about the drinks in the suite being replenished from the card did you just ask the butler to do this?

Also, a quick question about Luminae, I think that you said that you had a reservation for a fixed time each evening, I thought that it was not possible to reserve a table at a fixed time in Luminae?

We will be on the Silhouette in a suite so would be very grateful to have any feed back on these points:confused:

Many thanks

Hi pl281

Thanks for your review so far, we will be on this same itinerary in September so will be eager to see more and learn more from your trip. In particular a question about food in Ocean View - DH wants to know if there is any Spanish Tapas offerings late afternoon or better still - sushi ? Yes I know there is the specialty sushi restaurant, but we are not interested in a meal at that time - we are late sitting so would just be looking for a few bits to nibble on with a beer before getting ready for the evening meal.:cool:

I've never heard of a butler replenishing drinks that are included in a drinks package - premium or otherwise. Even sodas or sparkling water. Is this a new perk for suites?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our butler did this for us on the Eclipse in January - we were also in a sky suite. He brought us bottles of Evian every day and stuck them in our empty fridge. We had the Premium Package and he used our folio number to obtain them. We hadn't been offered that on other cruises in sky suites and celebrity suites. It was very handy - kind of like AQ used to be (without a beverage package). :D