Splendida not so splendid

resistk

I made Black back in 2014 after cruise #7 with 5 x 7 night cruises and 2 x 11 night ones. It was the onboard spend that got me there at a time when you got 1 point for every €200 onboard spent (you now get a point for every €150 OBS). When Voyagers Club was introduced, MSC effectively dropped the number of points you get for a cruise, making it harder to accumulate the points needed to get to Black if you're not a big spender onboard. Also, now that a lot of cruise prices include drinks packages, the opportunity for onboard spend (by buying packages) and, therefore gaining points, is further reduced.

As a matter of interest, in the next few months I'll have reached 300 points - 3 x times the number needed to attain Black, and get nothing extra! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Apologies to the OP for going off-topic.

I thought that MSC was about to have a new level above the Black Card?

I thought that MSC was about to have a new level above the Black Card?

I've been hearing that since I made Black - 3 years ago! I'll believe it when I see it! I think the customer services officers just appease people when they're asked about a new level being introduced by saying that it's being seriously considered. There was even talk of MSC running a competition to name the new tier. :rolleyes:

I made Black back in 2014 after cruise #7 with 5 x 7 night cruises and 2 x 11 night ones. It was the onboard spend that got me there at a time when you got 1 point for every €200 onboard spent (you now get a point for every €150 OBS). When Voyagers Club was introduced, MSC effectively dropped the number of points you get for a cruise, making it harder to accumulate the points needed to get to Black if you're not a big spender onboard. Also, now that a lot of cruise prices include drinks packages, the opportunity for onboard spend (by buying packages) and, therefore gaining points, is further reduced.

As a matter of interest, in the next few months I'll have reached 300 points - 3 x times the number needed to attain Black, and get nothing extra! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

I've only ever sailed in 1 5 nighter the others have been in the YC so not as much reason to spend a lot, so that would explain it Bea:)

I've only ever sailed in 1 5 nighter the others have been in the YC so not as much reason to spend a lot, so that would explain it Bea:)

At least you get more points for a YC booking now - something I always advocated for as it didn't seem fair that someone in an inside cabin got the same number of points as one who booked YC.

However - we're doing a 28 night cruise in YC next year and only getting 2000 points for it. Before Voyagers Club, we would have got 28 - even in an inside! (Now 2800 - I really wish they hadn't tacked those 2 zeros onto the points clear.png?emoji-mad-1709)

Yes, tatooed young men are the worst [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So my son with his THREE tatoos are the WORST??? He has one on each shoulder and one on his shoulder blade.......hes's an ATTORNEY

I feel your pain, got nothing from MSC either until we did a status match a while back and they gacve us Black cards.

Was on her last week and never experienced any issues with venues, did notice an increase in children from Thursday in Valencia (possibly start of Spanish holidays ) , more women with tattoos than young men imho. Room and ship was spotless in all areas and buffet was no more crowded than other lines. What a difference a week makes.

Was on her last week and never experienced any issues with venues, did notice an increase in children from Thursday in Valencia (possibly start of Spanish holidays ) , more women with tattoos than young men imho. Room and ship was spotless in all areas and buffet was no more crowded than other lines. What a difference a week makes.

................ or a perspective? :confused:

Yes, we are in Valencia today and that is indeed where all the boarding and disembarking is taking place. Screaming and yelling and running in the hallways in the wee hours of the morning. Buffet is packed and the main dining room is also a buffet for breakfast and lunch. Childrens fingers in all the food and jumping up and down on all the furniture in the public area. If you demand a menu the waiters will give you one and sulk. We are getting off early in Marseilles.

Yes, we are in Valencia today and that is indeed where all the boarding and disembarking is taking place. Screaming and yelling and running in the hallways in the wee hours of the morning. Buffet is packed and the main dining room is also a buffet for breakfast and lunch. Childrens fingers in all the food and jumping up and down on all the furniture in the public area. If you demand a menu the waiters will give you one and sulk. We are getting off early in Marseilles.

Hi, the buffets in the MDR at breakfast and lunch have been happening since last summer, the idea is a bistro concept but you can still order from the menu and have waiter service

Hi, the buffets in the MDR at breakfast and lunch have been happening since last summer, the idea is a bistro concept but you can still order from the menu and have waiter service

I have to say, I think it was a great idea to introduce the buffet area in the MDR for breakfast and lunch. It widens the options without having to go to the buffet - the best of both, I reckon.

I have to say, I think it was a great idea to introduce the buffet area in the MDR for breakfast and lunch. It widens the options without having to go to the buffet - the best of both, I reckon.

Agree with you Bea, take my partner and i for example - he might want cold meats and cheese and I might want eggs benedict - bistro makes it great as he can get what he wants and I still get my favourite :)

My wife and I hate lines, so we always cruise off season when the kids are in school. Our favorite cruises are Transatlantics or repositioning cruises. We are also Black Cards on MSC, but if you cruise Costa or MSC in the Summer the Italians bring all their children and may bring some others. Next time plan better!

Agree with you Bea, take my partner and i for example - he might want cold meats and cheese and I might want eggs benedict - bistro makes it great as he can get what he wants and I still get my favourite :)

Sure, a hectic buffet in the MDR is great. Can't imagine why i would ever book with them again. The idea of a MDR is to get away from the buffet, not place it in the middle of the MDR for breakfast and lunch and have people sticking their fingers in the food and maneuvering their plates around the table and their kids running up and down. In the middle of that chaos the waiters just ignore you. They did not provide menus, barely responded when asked for something and encouraged you to go to the buffet and get it yourself. Will not be sailing on MSC again. Used to really enjoy the service in the MDR, now it is in the past.

It can always be worse: imagine a ship full of spoiled Norwegian families..

(" døm ikke, for at dere ikke skal bli dømt" )

BTW, Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with Southern European families cruising in the high season in the Med, my point in this thread is that the MSC ships are not worse than other mainstream lines during the school holidays. The ships are filled up with families and loads of children.

BTW, Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with Southern European families cruising in the high season in the Med, my point in this thread is that the MSC ships are not worse than other mainstream lines during the school holidays. The ships are filled up with families and loads of children.

Yes, but on MSC kids sail free, which makes them even busier...