Xbox one & O3b Voom on the Liberty.

LOL

Thank you for the update. Screen time withdrawl symptoms from my teens scares me.;p I may just get the package after all.

Thought it was time to post something about Xbox and cruising. I was worried about getting my monitor and Xbox through security. Brought them in my carry-on and no problems. The fold up table was in checked luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

Serialcruiser48, I thought that I would send a shout out and ask about your O3b experience on the remainder of your cruise. Did it continue to work well? Did you try YouTube or Netflix? TIA

BTW: I told my son about you bringing your system on board. He thought that was a great idea and I could see the wheels turning in his head. I reminded him that there would be 3 of us in 177 square feet of space. Sorry, not this trip.

:)

Serialcruiser48, I thought that I would send a shout out and ask about your O3b experience on the remainder of your cruise. Did it continue to work well? Did you try YouTube or Netflix? TIA

BTW: I told my son about you bringing your system on board. He thought that was a great idea and I could see the wheels turning in his head. I reminded him that there would be 3 of us in 177 square feet of space. Sorry, not this trip.

:)

I was in a cabin on deck 3 and had poor connection. The drop out rate was 20%. I went around the ship testing the ping and forward on deck 5 was 0%, or no dropouts. They are still using the old distribution system, but was told will upgrade to Cisco and that will help. Dropout rate was typically 2% or very little degradation. What I would recommend is bring an iPad since he has to share space with others.

Connecting the Xbox to the ships wifi worked great the first time I connected. But, subsequent logins were more difficult as it would be with most devices. The browser has to have auto redirect from the ships DNS in order for the login page to show up; make sure he/you are tech savvy.

Forgot to mention. I have the Master Chief collection (Halo 1-4) downloaded on my Xbox. Make sure you set it up to work offline (local) before leaving home or a wifi connection will be required. Game disc's should be fine offline (no wifi required). If games trys to auto update, that's going to suck the bandwidth dry so turn updates off. Lastly, I have the Xbox S (40% smaller and NO power brick).