Celebrity Pricing Question - Captain's Club 1 cat upgrade?

odiesam

We haven't cruised in over a year so haven't needed to price out cruises using my Captain's Club number. While attempting to do this online and putting in my Captains Club number, I received an error telling me I need to call the number given on that screen. I called and instead of clearing up the issue of why I wasn't able to book it myself I allowed the person on the phone to book it. Now I am wondering whether she booked it correctly as aren't Captain Club members allowed a one category upgrade? I don't think I received that even though our CC #s are on our reservation.

I dread calling back as I did call the following day and after a 25 minute hold, changed our reservation to a balcony with the drink package - of course that eliminated the state discount we had (?). Is because I am getting the drink package now (at the cost of +$200), that eliminates all other deals (i.e. state discount, one category upgrade)?

I kind of feeling like I am being given the runaround - that is way I like to do my own reservations online but without getting the website to accept my CC#.... I am frustrated.

We are Captain Club Select if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

I just booked yesterday - we are Elite - don't know if that makes a difference but we got a one category upgrade -cat 1b for the price of a 1c . I read on another post that you have to ask but don't know how true that is. I asked when I booked.

Call the captain's club and ask if you got the free upgrade. Their wait times may be shorter. With all of the problems with the website the reps are having to answer more questions, so wait times may be longer.

I don't think the upgrade can be done on the website. You have to call.

Perks will cancel state discounts but shouldn't affect the cc upgrade.

The 1 category upgrade must be requested at time of booking and can't be done on-line. It is not automatic as in some cases a upgrade may be to a cabin in a less desirable location. We prefer booking AQ2 on S class ships as they have cabins above & below the upgrade to a AQ1 in most cases would put us under the pool or gym.

It may also depend on where you are. Recently tried to request the 1 cat upgrade while booking but that was apparently not combinable with the drink package promotion for European bookings. Was bummed at first, especially after reading here that others were able to combine it all the time. But a few days later a sweet 16 cabin opened up that we were able to switch to, so now we're quite happy with the category :D

Thanks - I just called Captains Club number and they gave me the 1 category upgrade.

Thanks for the replies!

Well Done, That is the great thing about this forum ..someone will always know an answer to your question:)