Best of Rome tour

SusieS

Has anyone done the Best of Rome tour through Princess? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

I did last year when I was on a two week cruise on the Royal. Although it was not a cheap tour m I thought it was well worth it due to the access to the Coliseum and Vatican. We were able to fit in a lot in a very short time . That being said, it was quite warm in Rome and there is a lot of walking involved and the pace was too much for some on our tour .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did it in May of last year on our Med cruise on the Emerald. For a day's visit in Rome and intending to appreciate the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum, it was well worth it for us.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know.

Tony

Hi you need to take princess tour ROM150 to see they Trevi fountian. The fountian is in a small square that you have to walk to there. We did the ROM 150 tour a couple of years ago and it was worth the money. Last summer we were back in Rome and did ROM 170 and it was a fantastic day.

depending on how much walking you can do and how long the time in Rome is, walking is the only way to see the city. Can get from the colosseum to Trevi Fountain in about 20 to 30 minutes. Must see the fountain, not just a drive by, if at all possible. Other sites on the way to the vatican include the Piazza Navona and the Spanish Steps. Can be done in somewhat of a straight line ending at the Vatican. But it is a healthy walk. Also, it is easier to get into the Sistine Chapel as part of a tour than as a single person who might have to wait in line after other tours. But the Chapel is worth every minute of waiting in line. Also take time to walk in St Peter's and St Peter's square.

If walking is not an option, then take the tour and see as much of the city as you can. But do include the Sistine Chapel, it is a moving experience.

Look up Google maps for Rome and locate the various sites you want to see, then decide on the best way for you to see them. I envy your chance to see the Eternal city, it is has been years since I was there.

Thanks so much for the great feedback. With the Best of Rome tour, did they at least drive by the Trevi fountain & Spanish steps?! Thanks!

Yes stopped at the Trevi Fountain and were able to spend some time there . The Spanish steps were not part of the tour in part because they were undergoing repairs / restoration .

Hi you need to take princess tour ROM150 to see they Trevi fountian. The fountian is in a small square that you have to walk to there. We did the ROM 150 tour a couple of years ago and it was worth the money. Last summer we were back in Rome and did ROM 170 and it was a fantastic day.

This is the one we took as well . Well worth the money, but you will both be exhausted and satisfied at the end .

e94824cba26ad9f53f3b3d588531a216.jpg

We used Rome in a Limo. Very reasonable and you can customize your itinerary.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Forums mobile app

Same here, and it was only 75 euro pp plus entrance fees to Colosseum, Vatican and for our private guide who expedited our entry. We had 8 people sharing the cost of the van, and RIL is set up with "share" tours on their own site, too, if you don't already have 8 people. We had a fantastic day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rome in a Limo!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Forums mobile app

OMG! I just noticed the $299 pp price tag for the ship's tour, and that is outrageous, and that is a huge group. 26 people. We saw so much more with a private tour for a fraction of the price.

Also, in addition to everything the cruise line is offering, we had a five course lunch, too.

We paid 560 euros split 8 ways for the van. We got to park up real close as opposed to the big busses that must park far out. Our driver DROVE us within a few feet of the Trevi, too.

We used to think cruise ship excursions were the way to go, too, but not anymore.

I also recommend Italy tour sharing dot com aka Joe Banana ...

Our drivers were very strict about the return time, making us leave 3-4 hours before ship sailing time. It took 1.25 to 1.5 hours to get back to the port and we had plenty of time to spare, 2 hours.

We had a group of 7 in the Vatican, and we couldn't even imagine having a group of 25-48 there. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

We all had headsets to hear the guide and we had to stick together like glue. It would be so easy to get left behind there. LOL