146 Days out. Haven completely sold out?? In the last day or so??

zaknzoey

I have been watching my cruise almost daily for price drops. (December 3rd, Getaway)

Don't remember if it was yesterday or Saturday, but over the weekend, I checked again, and saw availability in all categories, as usual.

Now, I didn't go through and count every Haven cabin available, but the last time I did, maybe a week ago? There were SEVERAL in all categories available. I'm talking maybe 30 or more Haven cabins offered.

So, how could the Haven be completely sold out just in the last couple of days?? I was hoping to try the upgrade bidding program when it was time.

Maybe a big group got them all?? I guess there's no way to tell that is there?

Oh well, just a little disappointed. :(

I have been watching my cruise almost daily for price drops. (December 3rd, Getaway)

Don't remember if it was yesterday or Saturday, but over the weekend, I checked again, and saw availability in all categories, as usual.

Now, I didn't go through and count every Haven cabin available, but the last time I did, maybe a week ago? There were SEVERAL in all categories available. I'm talking maybe 30 or more Haven cabins offered.

So, how could the Haven be completely sold out just in the last couple of days?? I was hoping to try the upgrade bidding program when it was time.

Could be a TA putting a hold on several cabins for a group that won't use them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were going to try to bid for an upgrade, then no matter when you were going to do it, wouldn't you have run the risk that the Haven sold out before that?

The only way to guarantee getting what one wants is to reserve it at the start.

Bidding wouldn't have guaranteed anything for you, even if there were Haven suites still available.

So you aren't any worse off than what you chose to risk in the first place.

Does seem like a group has reserved - that number of cabins and all at once !

Is there some "BIGGIE" Event going on that a special interest would book out the ship ?

In any event keep checking back to see if there any cancellations or adjustments.

You may not be able to get a very prime location cabin - so be flexible.

Next time put a down payment hold on the cabin - you can always cancel out without

penalty 91 days before sailing except for maybe a small fee or TA agency fee.

When dealing with a Haven cabin a small fee is a small price to pay for the option to

have one reserved.

On another note maybe if all the Havens are booked with an affinity group just MAYBE

this may not be your thing - something about the Hatfields and the McCoys not getting along !

Call NCL and do some research to see if bedding next to odd fellows is what you want.

If you were going to try to bid for an upgrade, then no matter when you were going to do it, wouldn't you have run the risk that the Haven sold out before that?

The only way to guarantee getting what one wants is to reserve it at the start.

Bidding wouldn't have guaranteed anything for you, even if there were Haven suites still available.

So you aren't any worse off than what you chose to risk in the first place.

Yep, I understand all that.....but thanks.

That's what I said I was "hoping to try the upgrade bidding program." I did NOT say I was hoping to get a Haven cabin.

I realize there are no guarantees. But with all that is being discussed here on CC about the program, this is my first cruise since this bidding started, so I was curious to actually see it for myself. Not just read about it. I'm happy with the BA cabin I have and just wanted to see how it works.

But my original question was, how could the Haven have sold out 30+ cabins in just a day or two.

Seems like they were running a fairly good special deal last weekend. I haven't sailed with NCL since 2006 and I took advantage of the deal they were offering. Normally sail RCCL or Celebrity. Got deal on Epic.

Well folks, I don't have a clue as to what happened. But all of the Haven suites are now showing on the website again! :rolleyes:

So, chalk this one up to NLC website issues? No, that can't be the reason! Right? RIGHT?? :evilsmile: