AOS- currently booked Balcony but can get JS (I think)

I called RC twice...between rudeness of customer service and all background noise of other customer service agents, I had trouble getting questions answered and hearing the muffled voice of the customer service reps talking to me.

We are currently booked balcony #9310 on AOS. We are paid in full.

With today's sale, we can get a JS guarantee (so we won't know until we get to ship which cabin) for $79 less.

My questions:

1) is this something we can even do without penalty?

2) is it even worth it? It's just a friend and I cruising. We leave the kids and husbands home.

We prefer a higher deck but would go lower if it will be a much better experience. From what I could understand we could get floor 6,7,8 or 9 with the guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are past final payment date, then you can upgrade without penalty, but you won't get any money back. If it's before final payment date, then you will get a credit.

I'd go for it, we much prefer the extra space. Most JS staterooms are on decks 9 and 10. Those on decks 6 and 7 would be aft staterooms.

If you are past final payment date, then you can upgrade without penalty, but you won't get any money back. If it's before final payment date, then you will get a credit.

I'd go for it, we much prefer the extra space. Most JS staterooms are on decks 9 and 10. Those on decks 6 and 7 would be aft staterooms.

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, they will normally allow you to change to any other available JS if you don't like the assignment.

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, they will normally allow you to change to any other available JS if you don't like the assignment.

Is it true you find out the assignment for guarantee when you arrive at the ship or can you find out earlier?

We booked under US terms and we are past our final payment date (which was last week)

Is it true you find out the assignment for guarantee when you arrive at the ship or can you find out earlier?

We booked under US terms and we are past our final payment date (which was last week)

You can get your assignment anytime between when you book it to when you arrive at the ship.

Is there a reason I should not go for the Junior Suite. I realize the only perk is additional space. But considering that its the same price as what I already paid for a balcony, then I might as well upgrade, right?

I am pretty new to cruising only having been on two other cruises (not with RC). Therefore, I want to make sure I am not hit with any surprises.

Yes, upgrade. I did it for my cruise coming up on Saturday and I'm really excited, all my research has uncovered perks, no downsides. But I mean it is a guarantee so if you're at all particular about your cabin don't do it, because to bookmark guarantee then complain about your room is foolish.

I am on the telephone with them right now. The customer service rep can't seem to find the JS Guarantee that I am pulling up on line. They keep quoting me the price for the non guarantee.

When I had called earlier, the gentleman that was assisting me did quote me the JS Guarantee. And I can pull it up on line right now while on the phone with them. I should have switched earlier today :(

Bob do you know if you would get double cruise credit if you upgrade to a JS? I know people said if you upgrade you dont get the credit but what if you ask to bump up with no change in price like OP

I am on the telephone with them right now. The customer service rep can't seem to find the JS Guarantee that I am pulling up on line. They keep quoting me the price for the non guarantee.

When I had called earlier, the gentleman that was assisting me did quote me the JS Guarantee. And I can pull it up on line right now while on the phone with them. I should have switched earlier today :(

If you have selected the JS gty on another site, there may be just one left and you have it reserved, thus RCCL not showing one available. Try logging off while on the phone with them and see if it shows up.

Which AOS? There's 3.

Adventure of the Seas.

Sorry, I should have spelled it out forgetting there are several ships with AOS.

I ended up ending the call with that rep and calling back. The next rep was able to find it no problem. So I switched.

Thank you.