Just a little whinge but...

Fredette

I would still like a cruise with so much OBC that my 10% never kicked in.

:) :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

True but if you get a lot of obc so will a lot of possible low loyalty or first time cruisers as well then your loyalty discount does not count for anything.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

As someone earlier said everyone is invited to the Captain's Welcome aboard party, usually held on the 2nd night.

To get an invite to the Captain's Cocktail Party you have to have sailed with P & O for at least 100 days and even then it is only held on cruises of 8 days or more.

Yes I agree it would be better if the discount kicked in straight away and not have to wait for your OBC to be used up.

What i would change with P&O is although i get 7.5% discount for my loyalty it only kicks in after obc is used up whereas i think it should apply before obc is used up.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Absolutely it should. But I gave up trying to explain why the current P&O approach is a rip off on another thread about this. Some can see no wrong with P&O. Others don't understand maths!

On my last cruise my 10% discount amounted to less than £3.50.

My 7.5% got me just over £80 off last cruise, horses for courses. (Can't wait to get to 8.5% and some slippers)

A friend of mine is cruising with me next month and will have completed 28 days on P&O and wont be recognised in the Peninsular club until his next cruise with them. He has never seen a Captains Party, doesn't know what he is missing and isn't bothered.

He isn't missing a lot

My 7.5% got me just over £80 off last cruise, horses for courses. (Can't wait to get to 8.5% and some slippers)

A friend of mine is cruising with me next month and will have completed 28 days on P&O and wont be recognised in the Peninsular club until his next cruise with them. He has never seen a Captains Party, doesn't know what he is missing and isn't bothered.

He isn't missing a lot

As others have said, everybody is invited to the Captain's party on the first formal - known as the Captain's Welcome Party so your friend can experience that. There's also the Captain's Cocktail party which is for Peninsular members only above Pacific. I assume he / she is on Pacific so look on the bright side, it means 5% off OB purchases.

They may not be missing a lot at the Peninsular Club Party but it's something we always enjoy and it's usually a good opportunity to meet up with a few friends for a free drink - or four :')

He isn't missing a lot

Doesn't membership start once you have hit 15 nights / 150 points?

Doesn't membership start once you have hit 15 nights / 150 points?

Membership does start at 15 nights (150 points) but it doesn't actually kick in until your next cruise. So the person that has to do 28 nights must reach the entry point during their cruise, probably on the 2nd night, so they won't get membership until their next cruise.

He did 14 nights last year and had no status, he is doing another 14 nights in August and will be without status for that one too as you have to have completed 15 days before you get in the club.

(As said by dgs1956)