Overnight in port question

Hello all,

I'm leaving on my first cruise on Saturday and all of a sudden am flooded with logistics questions. My cruise has a two day stop in Reykjavik. Is there typically a "must return by" time for these overnight stops? Is there somebody there very late to let you back on?

Thanks!

Caroline

Hello all,

I'm leaving on my first cruise on Saturday and all of a sudden am flooded with logistics questions. My cruise has a two day stop in Reykjavik. Is there typically a "must return by" time for these overnight stops? Is there somebody there very late to let you back on?

Thanks!

Caroline

We have always been able to come back whenever we wanted on our overnight ports. Of course,for the second day, you still need to be back for the all onboard time at the latest ;)

There is usually a security person there the entire time to the best of my knowledge. That latest I have come back was around 2 am though and it was a non issue ;)

Generally you will be able to leave and return 24 hours per day with 2 possible exceptions. If it's a tender port tendering may be suspended in the wee hours of the morning, and occasionally port authorities may impose a curfew but I've never seen HAL restrict the hours at a land based terminal. In any case there will be an "all aboard" announcement in the daily program for the day you arrive, and you can check with the front desk as soon as you are on the ship if you need to know sooner.

I have overnighted on the Prinsendam in Reykjavik and in that case we had 24-hour access.

Roy

Hello all,

Thanks!

Caroline

Yes, when the gangway is out, it will always be manned, incl. during your overnight in very nice Reykjavik and the only "must return" will be for your sail-away on the 2nd day