How Long Will It Take To Take The Alilaguna From San Marco To The Airport?

PaulInPGH

Greetings. Our hotel in Venice is very near the San Marco Alilaguna stop, so we're planning on taking that to the airport when we fly home. We're planning on doing a private water taxi when we arrive, but would like to spend that kind of cash only once, if possible.

My question is, approximately how long will it take to get from the San Marco Alilaguna stop to the airport? We have a noon flight, so I want to make sure we're budgeting enough time to get there.

Much thanks!

Thank you, that's very good to know.

Do you happen to know around how long it would take via the water taxi? I'm guessing it would be significantly shorter, so it may be worth the additional expense.

Cheers.

Thanks very much. We'll have to weigh those two options a bit. That day we fly home is going to be hellish anyway (first a 10 hour flight, then a 4 hour layover before our connecting flight to our home city), so what's an extra hour on the water compared to that?

Again, thanks for your help!

Cheers.

Greetings. Our hotel in Venice is very near the San Marco Alilaguna stop, so we're planning on taking that to the airport when we fly home. We're planning on doing a private water taxi when we arrive, but would like to spend that kind of cash only once, if possible.

My question is, approximately how long will it take to get from the San Marco Alilaguna stop to the airport? We have a noon flight, so I want to make sure we're budgeting enough time to get there.

Much thanks!

It will take about 1 hour BUT make sure to leave plenty of time because very possible than will be huge line to go to airport. I would be standing by 6:30 on stop and buy tickets from night before

If you are going from St Marks Square....you would need to use the Blu Line. We call this the "slow boat to the airport" because it does seem to take forever. It is about 1:20...plus you then have to allow additional time to get to the terminal from the airport pier. The other issue is that the Blu Line only runs about 1 boat per hour...early in the morning. So plan accordingly, leave early..and enjoy the boat ride :). The other low cost alternative is to use the #1 or #2 vaporetto to the Piazale Roma where you can then take the fast ATVO Bus out to the airport. But even this is not real fast route...when you consider the time it takes to get to the P. Roma via vaporetto...plus about 10 min to get off the boat and over to the bus stop side of the P. Roma.

Hank

Thank you all; this info is very helpful. Will have to talk to my wife and see which wins out, our desire to save a bit of money or our desire for a little extra sleep. Not that the extra sleep will matter so much--being up for 23 hours straight or 21 hours isn't that much different, in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers.