Oasis - Dining Room Window

jjtt

We will be cruising soon with young children and this will be their first cruise. If you are sitting at a table in the dining room on Oasis can you see out the windows to the ocean? Or is the ocean view obstructed by anything? Another words can you look directly at the water with nothing else in the way? Hope this makes sense. We were thinking that the children would enjoy seeing the waves, water. :cool:

The other thing you can do is request a window table and then go the first day and check out the table that you are assigned to. If you don't like the view from that window table, find a few you do and then get with the dining clerk at the desk there when you come in and see if he can move you to one of these.

That is one of the traditions that my wife and I have when we get on the ship. We usually have a little bit after we get on before the windjammer opens, so we go and check out our dining table. Just a thought, but it is something that we do.

What time are you dining? What time of the year are you cruising?

For example: If you are cruising in the winter, sunset may be around 5:30. First seating about that time, and just shortly after it is dark outside.

Sitting next to window in a brightly lighted room with it being dark outside.....you may have a good view of your reflection. ;)

Yes, if you are sitting next to a window, you can see the water. Not so much if you are in the center of the room.

Thanks Bob. Its been a several years since we were on Oasis. It didn't matter where we sat then, but with the kids this time I thought they would like to see the ocean as we eat.

The other thing you can do is request a window table and then go the first day and check out the table that you are assigned to. If you don't like the view from that window table, find a few you do and then get with the dining clerk at the desk there when you come in and see if he can move you to one of these.

That is one of the traditions that my wife and I have when we get on the ship. We usually have a little bit after we get on before the windjammer opens, so we go and check out our dining table. Just a thought, but it is something that we do.

Great idea! We will do this next month. Thanks!

Thanks Bob. Its been a several years since we were on Oasis. It didn't matter where we sat then, but with the kids this time I thought they would like to see the ocean as we eat.

If you will be in traditional dining, you can request a window table from rcldining@rccl.com.

What time are you dining? What time of the year are you cruising?

For example: If you are cruising in the winter, sunset may be around 5:30. First seating about that time, and just shortly after it is dark outside.

Sitting next to window in a brightly lighted room with it being dark outside.....you may have a good view of your reflection. ;)

Lol!! :D We are going next month and have the early seating 5:30.

Be careful what you wish for though. We had a sunset dining time during a cruise last summer, and the sun was so bright during dinner that it was in our eyes and shades had to be lowered to make it more comfortable. There are honestly so many great views on board that it became less important to us to be able to see out the windows while dining.

Be careful what you wish for though. We had a sunset dining time during a cruise last summer, and the sun was so bright during dinner that it was in our eyes and shades had to be lowered to make it more comfortable. There are honestly so many great views on board that it became less important to us to be able to see out the windows while dining.

Good point. I didn't think about this situation. :confused:

Good point. I didn't think about this situation. :confused:

If the sun is setting on the other side, or forward or aft of the ship....still no problem.

Since your dining time is 5:30, and you are cruising next month, (sunset being around 7:30 to 8:00)...another no

problem. Even should have time to go up to the deck after dinner and watch the sunset. :D