MSC Seaview - Debating YC versus suite

soccerbaseballmom

Hi all,

I am new to Cruise Critic and to the MSC line. My husband and I, as well as our 2 children (will be 11 and 8 at time of cruise) are debating the Mediterranean itinerary next July on the Seaview. The kids sail free is an amazing offer for us. There is a $1900 difference between sailing in YC Deluxe Suite versus a regular suite. We don't want a butler. So, I was wondering if the food and private pool area are worth the extra $2000?? We would love to spend the difference enjoying staying in Europe a few extra days. Did you find the difference in food quality between regular dining and YC to be worth that difference? We would receive 12 free drink vouchers pp with regular suite. And the regular suite is actually much larger with a larger balcony. Thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

It would depend on how active your kids like to be. The YC is very quiet and adult-centered. If you don't care about the butler service and your kids are going to want to be where the action is, you might not want to spend the extra money.

Good questions. Going YC or staying in another cabin and saving the extra money to tour more land sites.

As Jackson says, YC is a whole different experience. You get a concierge to arrange tours for you. You get the alcoloh. You get the private restaurant (which on the Divina was outstanding). You get the YC Top Sail Lounge, which is a very nice place to watch the world go by. Private Pool is nice, also.

I did not use my Butler much. But, the few times I did use him (for example, to track down my missing luggage upon embarkation) he was a godsend. To me, the private restaurant, the Top Sail Lounge, the alcohol package made it worth it. And, that's before adding in the private pool, the concierge and the Butler's services

I disembarked the new ship, Meraviglia, 2 weeks ago. I was in Yacht Club. Compare my experience on the 'Live from Meraviglia' thread with the 'Live from MSC Meraviglia' one which is from the viewpoint of an Aurea suite guest. Chalk and cheese.

We have booked our 2nd MSC cruise in YC - we love it. BUT if we ever travel with our grandchildren, we would NOT go into the YC. The reason is that most of the time would be be out on the main decks at the kids pools and activities. Sometimes when you travel with kids the buffet is better option than the restaurant - especially when you can get an outside table. I'd take the extra money and book some specialty restaurants a couple of nights. And travel Europe!

Thank you, all, for the replies. Yes, our children will definitely be at the kids' club during the day. The separate pool area would be for us while they are at kids' club. We would also be off ship visiting each port since this will be all of our first time in Europe. Trying to justify the extra money for really one day at sea. That is why my main concern is the quality of the food in the main dining room and buffet areas. We are not big drinkers--the 12 vouchers would offset drink cost for us significantly with the regular suite. Again, thank you all for sharing your experiences!