Got FTTF!

tyeomans

So we booked our cruise last November 2016, and our cruise is in 41 days.... I really wasn't aware of what FTTF was until I joined this board. I got to reading that FTTF sales out quickly, and that is 100% correct! I had got on about 2 months after booking the cruise, and it was already sold out. Complete bummer! Just about 3 months ago, I read that you should frequently check the site to see if any FTTF have opened back up from other people cancelling. Let me tell you that when I read that I was on the hunt. For the last 3 months, I found myself checking the site almost daily hoping to see the big red letters SOLD OUT to disappear, and I was having no such luck, so I gave up. Well today, I decided to go ahead and do online check-in and decided to check one more time for FTTF. It was available!! I clicked add to cart immediately and got that sucker! If you ever decide not to get FTTF and regret it later on, definitely keep checking back because it just might come available again! So excited!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Roll Tide!

I approve this message.

So we booked our cruise last November 2016, and our cruise is in 41 days.... I really wasn't aware of what FTTF was until I joined this board. I got to reading that FTTF sales out quickly, and that is 100% correct! I had got on about 2 months after booking the cruise, and it was already sold out. Complete bummer! Just about 3 months ago, I read that you should frequently check the site to see if any FTTF have opened back up from other people cancelling. Let me tell you that when I read that I was on the hunt. For the last 3 months, I found myself checking the site almost daily hoping to see the big red letters SOLD OUT to disappear, and I was having no such luck, so I gave up. Well today, I decided to go ahead and do online check-in and decided to check one more time for FTTF. It was available!! I clicked add to cart immediately and got that sucker! If you ever decide not to get FTTF and regret it later on, definitely keep checking back because it just might come available again! So excited!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Nice tip. I'll have to pass this onto a member of my group, that wasn't able to get FTTF.

Congrats! I definitely agree to keep checking. We had booked fttf a year ago for our balcony room because we have a toddler and priority embarkation/debarkation makes like easier. About a month ago we ended up upselling to a suite so I immediately canceled our long sold out fttf. I'm sure things like that happen all the time so definitely keep checking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I definitely agree to keep checking. We had booked fttf a year ago for our balcony room because we have a toddler and priority embarkation/debarkation makes like easier. About a month ago we ended up upselling to a suite so I immediately canceled our long sold out fttf. I'm sure things like that happen all the time so definitely keep checking!

I would have kept FTTF so that you could have your cabin ready at embarkation and the FTTF Guest Services line.

I would have kept FTTF so that you could have your cabin ready at embarkation and the FTTF Guest Services line.

We considered it for the room being ready but overall didn't think it was worth it when someone else could get better use...especially after paying for the upsell lol.

We considered it for the room being ready but overall didn't think it was worth it when someone else could get better use...especially after paying for the upsell lol.

Yeah I can see that. As long as you don't need the cabin right away it's not that big of a deal although I do love the GS line. Enjoy your suite!

I'm not a FTTF person, however I did want to pipe in and say this type of thing is what I love about these boards. So many helpful people have given great advice, tips, and recommendations that I have used over the years. Take what you can use and shake the rest off! :D

Big Thanks OP, been wondering if this was even possible. I booked ten months out and was sorely disappointed to find FTTF sold out so far in advance. I even thought about posting the question to see if anybody had ever managed to do what you did. Congrats and have a great cruise!

Good to hear you were able to snag it. We're a bit over 300 days out from ours and, so far, it's still available. I want to get it for the first time because we have a bigger group going this time and I think it'll really come in handy. I'll probably go ahead and buy one for our cabin just to be safe, then convince the others it's a good idea before they're gone.

Oh goodie, another FTTF thread :evilsmile:
i was just commenting that there was another FTTF thread. I enjoy the FTTF threads, there is so much good info and banter clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

You didn't have to post in it, now did you? This isn't one of the "Is it worth it?" threads. It's a positive outcome for someone who actually wanted it. Not sure why anyone who feels as strongly against FTTF as you do even needs to chime in. :rolleyes:

I booked way back and FTTF was available yet at that time. So I bookmarked the site and checked it several times a day. Finally one day there it was and I got it. Even though we have a suite, I wanted it for being able to go to the room as soon as we board. I have mobility issues and it will be so helpful for that option alone.

Can't wait for our cruise.

Well today, I decided to go ahead and do online check-in and decided to check one more time for FTTF. It was available!! I clicked add to cart immediately and got that sucker! If you ever decide not to get FTTF and regret it later on, definitely keep checking back because it just might come available again! So excited!

Congrats! I won't say FTTF is a "make or break" thing for me on Carnival, but (thank to CruiseCritic) I've managed to get it on every Carnival cruise so far, and it's proven its worth several times. I really miss it when I'm forced to sail on Royal (on a yearly charter).

When you booked it, did you happen to notice if it said how many slots were available? If it was a bunch, they might have opened up some slots based on capacity, but if it was just one or two, you might have REALLY lucked out. :D

Here I thought you were simply adding to your post count.........

I think that process is referred to as "ricloping" on CruiseCritic. :halo: