Got FTTF!

tyeomans

You just spent $70 that was not needed.

It's a Hierarchy of Needs thing. Some of us need to "belong" to the cruise ship as fast as we possibly can.

OTOH, I don't really "need" to spend $3,000 on a cruise at all.

I approve this message.

I have to say I don't agree.:D

I got FTTF early in the morning on 5/4/17 for my cruise on 5/8/17. I tried to get it when I booked on 4/12/16. It was sold out at the old $59.95 price. I checked from time time with no luck.

One day it was available. I was excited until I saw the price. I balked at paying $79.95. I decided I could live without it, until I realized several months later that I would likely need it to get a spot on the Behind the Fun tour. That and my mom would probably complain about not being able to lie down right away.

I checked nearly every day. I gave up on ever getting it. Early on 5/4/17, I decided to print my boarding passes. On a whim I checked for FTTF one more time. It was there. I ran from my living room to my bedroom to get my wallet and ran back(nearly falling on my wood laminate floors). I was so relieved when I heard the ding from the text from my bank.

I would likely need it to get a spot on the Behind the Fun tour.

What is this Behind the Fun tour? I'll be on my first cruise and it sounds interesting. I didn't get FTTF...yet. Do I really need it to participate in the Behind the Fun tour?

What is this Behind the Fun tour? I'll be on my first cruise and it sounds interesting. I didn't get FTTF...yet. Do I really need it to participate in the Behind the Fun tour?

The Behind the Fun tour is a tour of the ship. What you see depends on the ship and who is giving the tour. The guide is always from Human Resources. You see the galley, backstage at the main show lounge, crew rec room, laundry room, food storage, the bridge, the engine control room, and other places. Sometimes you get to see the ship's bell. In the galley, you will get to make vegetable flowers that will be a part of the chocolate extravaganza.

You will meet the captain and take a group picture and a solo picture with the captain. There will be a group picture in the galley or at the ship's bell. If the ship has a steakhouse, the tour ends there.

The meeting place is usually the library. There will be juice, coffee, and pastries. You will get chocolate covered strawberries in the galley. At the end, they will have orange juice and mimosas(and sometimes cookies). You will get a drawstring goodie bag(with an outside zipper compartment) that has a cap, a wristband, a soap sculpture, and the warm chocolate melting cake recipe. You get to keep the lanyard, but not the badge.

You must wear close toed shoes. No cameras, phones, or recording devices of any kind are allowed on the tour. You will be wanded before the tour starts and possibly again before getting to the bridge and engine control room. If the tour is on a Fantasy class ship, the stairs down into the engine control room are more of a ladder than a set of stairs. You walk right into the engine control room on the other classes. You will take the stairs most of the time. You might take an elevator once or twice.

The price varies. I have only ever been charged $55 or $95(per person). It is supposed to be based on the length of the cruise. I don't think it has anything to do with that. A ship with a steakhouse always costs more. The Triumph is an oddity. It doesn't have a steakhouse, but I was charged more.

My experiences:

Inspiration 4-day 8/15/16: $55

Triumph 4-day 2/9/17: $95

Legend 8-day 5/8/17: $95

You don't need FTTF to get a spot on the tour. They are a maximum of 32 spots(2 tours of 16). They are first come first serve. I didn't want to take the chance that the tours would fill up before I got on the ship.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386/~/carnival’s-‘behind-the-fun’-tour

Edited by Tiger0613

So we booked our cruise last November 2016, and our cruise is in 41 days.... I really wasn't aware of what FTTF was until I joined this board. I got to reading that FTTF sales out quickly, and that is 100% correct! I had got on about 2 months after booking the cruise, and it was already sold out. Complete bummer! Just about 3 months ago, I read that you should frequently check the site to see if any FTTF have opened back up from other people cancelling. Let me tell you that when I read that I was on the hunt. For the last 3 months, I found myself checking the site almost daily hoping to see the big red letters SOLD OUT to disappear, and I was having no such luck, so I gave up. Well today, I decided to go ahead and do online check-in and decided to check one more time for FTTF. It was available!! I clicked add to cart immediately and got that sucker! If you ever decide not to get FTTF and regret it later on, definitely keep checking back because it just might come available again! So excited!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the hope!!! We just booked and they are sold out, so will check daily! :D

I booked way back and FTTF was available yet at that time. So I bookmarked the site and checked it several times a day. Finally one day there it was and I got it. Even though we have a suite, I wanted it for being able to go to the room as soon as we board. I have mobility issues and it will be so helpful for that option alone.

Can't wait for our cruise.

Wondering how far ahead it became available. We are booked for Jan 2019 and no shore excursions incl FTTF are available yet. Thanks.

OP, congrats! We have enjoyed it the times we have had it.

Wondering how far ahead it became available. We are booked for Jan 2019 and no shore excursions incl FTTF are available yet. Thanks.

Our cruise is April 15, 2018 and it was available last April. That is when I got it.

Hope you have a great cruise and you are able to get FTTF.

I would monitor closely in the Dec, Jan, Feb time period.

My experience has been that it will be one of the first to show up when Carnival begins posting excursions.

Good luck and enjoy!

We're cruising in June 2018. Our excursions began trickling in a couple months ago, probably mid April. I'd say FTTF was one of the top 10 to show up first.

That's a good example, well said....For some, that need is an obsession [emoji849]

Indeed! (My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I also considered something a little less subtle. ;) )

Thanks for the hope!!! We just booked and they are sold out, so will check daily! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Same here, and I'm appreciating every little shred of encouragement...

Our cruise is April 15, 2018 and it was available last April. That is when I got it. ...

Sounds like it's one of those "iffy" things... if this or that ship, if the website (database/links/hooks/flags) is/are working predictably or not, if one booked on a Tuesday or a Sunday, what channel the TV is on when we click the mouse button...

We're cruising in June 2018. Our excursions began trickling in a couple months ago, probably mid April. I'd say FTTF was one of the top 10 to show up first.

I booked 10 months ahead (Breeze in May '18) and our excursions were listed right away, but FTTF was already shown as "sold out" for that cruise. So... back to my "if" musings above?

• 2 weeks later...
Shore excursions under the first port.
What she said. :)

Side note: If you're curious about how many are left, after you click FTTF for your cruise, click on "Departure Times" to see how many are left. Well, sort of. If there's more than 10 left, it'll just say More Than 10. Once it reaches 10, it counts down. There's still 1 left for ours. It's just been sitting there all lonely for 2 or 3 days now. :p

What she said. :)

Side note: If you're curious about how many are left, after you click FTTF for your cruise, click on "Departure Times" to see how many are left. Well, sort of. If there's more than 10 left, it'll just say More Than 10. Once it reaches 10, it counts down. There's still 1 left for ours. It's just been sitting there all lonely for 2 or 3 days now. :p

Don't let it be lonely! I think it's a sign you need to buy it!