Copenhagen grand tour

ciaobella12

Hi CC members, can anyone tell me if it is viable to walk from the Ship to Gammel Strand or Nyhavn? We are thinking of doing a river boat Grand Tour and have read that it can be difficult to get taxis - long delays on the roads etc. Any advice would be much appreciated. Not even sure where we will dock on August 16th but hoping it's pretty close. Thank you.

We walked back yesterday and it takes around 40 minutes stopping and taking photos etc. there's no shelter so if it's raining it might be more of a chore. It was a gorgeous day yesterday. Another alternative is to take the hoho bus. The canal boats are popular but they are very frequent.

When we there in 2015, off the Eclipse, there was a free shuttle bus into the city. I don't remember exactly where the drop point was, but we were able to get around everywhere else we wanted on foot. I think it took about 30 minutes or so each way.

The shuttle bus is no longer free. Hardly anyone used it as it was a rip off. We arrived at noon and celebrity were charging $20 USD Pp for that afternoon only and it ended at 8pm so useless for anyone wanting to dine out. The next day you had to buy another ticket for $25.

If you are docked at Langelinie, Nyhavn is walkable, as Pushka has indicated. It could take you anywhere from half an hour to an hour, depending on the stops you make. You could pass the Little Mermaid, Kastellet Fort, the Gefion Founain,the Amalienborg Palaces ... there is a lot to see along the way and it's a very nice walk. Netto boats and others leave from both Nyhavn and Gammel Strand. You can find a good deal of useful information on the Northern Europe ports of call forum. Danish Viking's Copenhagen thread has a wealth of current information, so you might want to check that out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2488925

Enjoy Copenhagen and your cruise!

We docked at the cruise port across from a UN building, I think it was UNICEP. We were doing a B2B and wanted to go into the city and go back to Nyhaven. There was a bus, I think it was 26 or 28 that we took, but never found how to return, so we took public transportation to the closest rail station and walked back to the port. Unfortunately, it was October and a chilly wind was blowing in our faces about 30 MPH. It was like walking in a wind tunnel. I think we walked over two miles and almost got sick doing so.

Others may have docked at another port. I would not recommend walking from where our ship ported.