Breakfast

EmilyAnn86

My husband doesn't eat breakfast and I am a major grump in the morning so I am thinking it may be best to order room service each morning. We would probably want coffee for him and eggs, bacon, toast, and juice for me. How long does it typically take to arrive? Is there a charge? What is a good amount to tip?

Breakfast through room service is continental items only. You will have to leave your cabin for bacon and eggs. Either the buffet or MDR for those types of items.

What exactly are "continental items?" I don't want to have to get dressed and walk somewhere in the morning to get food. So if I can't get it through room service I might skip breakfast and get an early lunch. I am so not a morning person ;)

We put out the breakfast door hanger for coffee and some pastries and use that delivery as our wake-up call. That carries us through until we can get dressed and out the door for a real breakfast. We usually enjoy breakfast in the dining room.

My husband doesn't eat breakfast and I am a major grump in the morning so I am thinking it may be best to order room service each morning. We would probably want coffee for him and eggs, bacon, toast, and juice for me. How long does it typically take to arrive? Is there a charge? What is a good amount to tip?

You specify the delivery time. We usually give $2-$3 for the Continental breakfast.

Do you have a link to a new one?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I do not, I just remember that least last summer on Conquest, the smoked salmon was no longer on the menu. I have heard second-hand that it was discontinued, but due to slight uncertainty was holding out hope;)

EDIT: I found one posted by another member in a different thread.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170715/c145e5782e180ea4a6c7dc720b2ce8b2.jpg

Edited by SkyPiglet
additional info

There's always a breakfast for late risers until 12pm on the Lido deck. It's buffet and they do have bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, french toast, etc. The food varies each day, but it's good and convenient for people like me who don't want to get up early.

is the buffet on the Lido deck typically crowded? Part of my being grumpy when I first wake up is not wanting to be around people. I only communicate in grunts and eye rolls for a good 30 minutes LOL And about how long does it take to walk from a mid-ship cabin to the buffet? It has been almost 17 years since I have been on a cruise so I don't remember how long it takes to walk places.

is the buffet on the Lido deck typically crowded? Part of my being grumpy when I first wake up is not wanting to be around people. I only communicate in grunts and eye rolls for a good 30 minutes LOL And about how long does it take to walk from a mid-ship cabin to the buffet? It has been almost 17 years since I have been on a cruise so I don't remember how long it takes to walk places.

I'm the same. I just throw on t-shirt, shorts, flip flops, ballcap, sunglasses. Hit one of the short lines. Blue Iguana for a burrito or the omelete station. You can get bacon and hash browns at the omelet station as well....and I take it back to the room. The main buffet lines are longer than I want to mess with. From midship..if you're towards the back you probably just have to hit that elevator and you're there.