Camouflage in the Caribbean?

Kimba1910

This is very old news. We have been cruising over forty years, and have known about camo bans in Barbados for as long as we can remember. Must admit that we did not know about Jamaica. But as a long time cruiser we simply avoid camo stuff anywhere. And by the way, it is not a capital crime in Barbados. :). We once witnessed a teen boy being stopped on the pier (at Barbados) and simply being told he would have to go back onboard and change his shorts.

Hank

Just because it's old news to some it doesn't mean everyone knows. You don't have to sound so sarcastic when someone asks a question and it's old news to you. And btw, we are all aware that you have been cruising for over 40 years. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it is old news...but I, myself have never heard of this. (I guess I am a dummy) Although this does not affect me, I am sure it may affect others that also did not know this..so I appreciate the info.

I also didn't know about this either until a few years ago. I heard one of the announcements on board and I asked my husband about it. That's how I found out. If it wasn't for this I probably still wouldn't know.

Just because it's old news to some it doesn't mean everyone knows. You don't have to sound so sarcastic when someone asks a question and it's old news to you. And btw, we are all aware that you have been cruising for over 40 years. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it is old news...but I, myself have never heard of this. (I guess I am a dummy) Although this does not affect me, I am sure it may affect others that also did not know this..so I appreciate the info.

Just because it's old news to some it doesn't mean everyone knows...:rolleyes:

Agree. I just consider the source from those few that post comments about certain post being old news or a topic being beat to death have the same options as the rest of us here on CC do. Ignore the thread and move on. Why even bother posting to the thread. We first leaned that camo was not permitted to be worn in Barbados in 1994. Doesn't mean everyone else knew or knows it. Obviously from this thread not everyone did realize it. I thought CC was to inform, help, advise and etc. But then again everyone has a right to post their opinion here on CC.

Edited by davekathy