Oasis first Cruise this Sunday...

What is your advise on booking excursions? Do ahead or wait until you arrive on ship? We have no interest in the scuba diving, but possibly snorkeling? IF we can stay above water. :) Any advise on the ports? Suggestions? We are just a family of 3, daughter is 13. So I"m a bit nervous on the entertainment side.

Have you researched your ports? There may be other things that interest you more than snorkeling! If you haven't read up on your ports, then a ship's excursion is the fool-proof way. If you pick up a guidebook from your library (free!) and see what there is in each port, you can easily plan your own time ashore. Research is key on DIY days! BTW, all snorkel excursions require you to wear a floatation vest...they provide it. You won't sink!

Yes, I have researched some of them. I know I am making it more difficult I'm sure, than need be. Not sure why I'm nervous about it all with our daughter. I will definitely do more research the next few days.

Thank you for taking time to respond!

What is your advise on booking excursions? Do ahead or wait until you arrive on ship? We have no interest in the scuba diving, but possibly snorkeling? IF we can stay above water. :) Any advise on the ports? Suggestions? We are just a family of 3, daughter is 13. So I"m a bit nervous on the entertainment side.

A 13 year old girl may love CATS so that entertainment might work. While I prefer private excursions, you may feel more comfortable with the ships excursions.

What ports are you going to? What exactly are you nervous about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess due to first time as a family. DH and I went on a cruise 8 years ago with all couples. Different when it's just adults I guess. I did book a few shows ahead online. I have found some great information here as well. Will definitely check out ports of call to help educate myself before we set sail. Thank you so much for your time in posting!