Carnival ICare Department

crazyfrazee

Has anyone ever received a positive response from them? There must be lots of unhappy customers being the amount of time I spent on hold. They were not helpful after 54 minutes on the phone so I was just curious if anyone has ever had a caring rep actually help them.

Has anyone ever received a positive response from them? There must be lots of unhappy customers being the amount of time I spent on hold. They were not helpful after 54 minutes on the phone so I was just curious if anyone has ever had a caring rep actually help them.

I've only ever contacted them once, and when I did I emailed them with supporting documentation for my request, and I received a favorable outcome.

Do they do Twitter? Been successful with twitter for issues with other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has a twitter feed, so you could use that to provide your issue and ask for support.

Just as an aside, I worry about our culture that we have resorted to using twitter to resolve consumer issues... the simple concept of twitter is fine to share small messages, but it is just not really a professional or clean way to work with a company about an issue.. It seems people use this to get the company to do what they want or be pressured by the twitter community.

Any how.. good luck using twitter.

Just as an aside, I worry about our culture that we have resorted to using twitter to resolve consumer issues... the simple concept of twitter is fine to share small messages, but it is just not really a professional or clean way to work with a company about an issue.. It seems people use this to get the company to do what they want or be pressured by the twitter community.
I suspect very few people who have grievances against companies see the downside that you're pointing out. I suspect that many see it as the most effective way of leveling the playing field between large companies and the little guy; the best consumer protection tool invented since large companies got large. I could talk about how it fosters mob mentality and such, but since you raised the issue, perhaps you can elaborate why you see this change in our culture as a bad thing.

I suspect very few people who have grievances against companies see the downside that you're pointing out. I suspect that many see it as the most effective way of leveling the playing field between large companies and the little guy; the best consumer protection tool invented since large companies got large. I could talk about how it fosters mob mentality and such, but since you raised the issue, perhaps you can elaborate why you see this change in our culture as a bad thing.

It is the mob mentality that bothers me the most. If I have a consumer complaint to a company that is between me and the company. It should not be put out into the world ( internet ) until I have had a chance to work with said company to get a resolution to my issues. If by all means, at the end of working with the company I feel I have still not gotten a satisfactory answer then feel free to leave a comment on their public forum.

By skipping straight to Twitter, I am invoking the internet community to pressure the company to do what I want. I am involving everyone in what should be between two parties. And I am forcing the hand of the company. While it is effective for me as a consumer, it is not something I feel is good for the society as a whole. We are pushing to be more an instant gratification, entitled culture.

The other thing that bugs me, is that Twitter was designed to be at 140 character max per tweet.... How in the world can you provide a real communication in a tweet about a consumer complaint... It results in people using links, to emails or blogs, which just goes back to use a more professional approach to dealing with your issues.

Carnival has a twitter feed, so you could use that to provide your issue and ask for support.

Any how.. good luck using twitter.

FWIW Twitter has a private messaging system, just like FB messenger. The public was not reading my communication. Not too different than using a customer computer chat function.