Fountain Drinks

DoggyDaddy

what fountain drinks are available, specifically on the Nordam? Is Diet Barq's one of them? Also, if you get a fountain drink, is it self serve, or is it dispensed for you? If self serve, can you use your own container, such as the 23 oz (?) cup being sold on Cruise Critic?

DD

I know that you have to pay for them. I didn't know the procedure. We usually bring on a quantity of canned soda (Diet Barq's) on board with us if we can find it. This may not be possible on our next trip.

DD

Diet Barq's was not included in the past and soda is not serve yourself. You can bring your container and ask the bar staff to use that if you like. HAL is a Coke brand user with several Coke products including diet and free plus an orange soda, Sprite, ginger ale, club soda and maybe a few others. Diet sodas are few and usually only Coke.

Thanks for the reply. One of the reasons I asked is that several of the computerized drink dispensers we have around here have many Coke product selections, including Barq's, Diet Barq's, and Vanilla Diet Barq's. I was just hoping.:p DW usually selects Vanilla Diet Barq's and I get the H2O.

DD

Unless the Noordam has been refitted with Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, the answer is no. I know that the Koningsdam has them, but I don't think the Noordam does.

As people have said, HAL let's you bring on your own soda.

If you are on a ship with a Freestyle machine, you have to use the special cup with the RFID chip, so the CruiseCritic cup would not work.

Unless the Noordam has been refitted with Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, the answer is no. I know that the Koningsdam has them, but I don't think the Noordam does.

As people have said, HAL let's you bring on your own soda.

If you are on a ship with a Freestyle machine, you have to use the special cup with the RFID chip, so the CruiseCritic cup would not work.

No soda dispensers on the Noordam last month, just the fountain gun at each bar.