HAL Fantail/Aft Verandah Deck 8 NA????

fyrdusk8

I am doing my wedding cruise on the Niuew Amsterdam next year in the Caribbean and my TA got me a fantail verandah cabin on deck 8. Anyone have any experience or comments about this cabin? I have never experienced one and was told it was great!! Looking for other opinions and experiences.

We love the aft cabins. We don't mind the vibration that can occur, although others do not like it. The view from the wake is lovely and these balconies are a bit larger than a standard balcony. The cabins are the identical size of all balcony cabins. Some will argue that they're not worth the extra cost, but others would say worth every penny. Congratulations on your wedding and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

I don't know what "fantail" refers to unless it is a corner cabin more commonly referred to as an "aft wrap" which would be very nice and has a large wrap around verandah.

After looking at the deck plan, it shows that it is at the rear of the boat (aft) verandah.

After looking at the deck plan, it shows that it is at the rear of the boat (aft) verandah.
Which cabin is the one you've booked? There are a few extended aft balconies and also aft "wrap" balconies, which are on each side of the ship. The ride will be the same for all aft, but the balcony size will be larger in the "wrap". Never heard of them being referred to as "fantail".

Fantail is a warship term for the rearmost portion of the stern on the main deck.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise, plus it will be after the NADM has gone through drydock in December. It should be nice and fresh! The small negative is that you may hear scraping on the Seaview Pool Deck area which is above you as the crew sets up the lounge chairs and washes the deck down in the morning.

We have 8164 and one of our wedding party has 7134.
You're right beside the aft wrap cabins. Your view will be very nice. These are standard cabins with extended balconies (slightly larger than the side balconies). We've been in these aft cabins on Eurodam and enjoyed it very much.