back to back help please

dpws

Hi all, I'm on a back to back on the escape oct 14 and 21, i would like some info on what happens on the day in miami regards timing and getting on and off the ship. My plans that I hope to do pending on your help and advice is, I have to get to a 2 hour appointment in wynwood, north miami avenue. Earliest appt is 11am and then I would like to go to ocean drive/lincoln road. I will be using uber for travelling, would really appreciate your help with this, kind regards

It is not an issue, just treat Miami as any port stop.If you don't get your cruise card for the second leg before you head off be sure and take your passport and CC with you so you can recheck in when you get back.

Thanks for the replies but can anyone tell me the ncl procedure for back to back and will I get to my suggested locations in that time frame, many thanks

When I did a b2b over Christmas, everyone doing the b2b was gathered in one place on board ship and led off the ship by a staff member after all the other passengers had cleared the ship. We were all given like name tags that said "In Transit". We had to have our cruise contract for the next cruise and our passport. Once the ship was cleared of all other passengers, we were staff led off the ship to the awaiting USCB agent. Once he had checked everyone, they we were led back onto the ship. Sometimes it is a very short process and other times it is not.

I received complete instructions in a letter in my stateroom about the procedure midway through the cruise. You will have to go to Guest Services to get a new room key. Room keys do not work from cruise to cruise. New key issued for each cruise.

We have had it work i TWO different manners....once we were asked to retrieve new room keys and the other times we were able to use the same key on each segment. As one poster mentioned there is also information put inside of your stateroom as the staff is aware of those doing B2Bs. Also, on some occasions we were made to do the muster drill on each segment and others we were not...

When you leave the ship, they will give you a sticker....most times it reads "Still on Vacation" which is what was still being used in May of this year. Make sure that you do insist on letting the crew know as you do NOT have to wait in those lines and they will let you through with little to no waiting. BUT...you have to be insistent as not all crew/staff are aware.....

Best to stop by guest services the last day or two of your first segment...and do attend the meeting for your fellow B2B passengers as they will give you the phone number of a crew member that will be in charge of your group to assist you in getting through the disembarkation, etc.

I cannot comment on the time frames for your plans for the day as I do not know Miami that well.....But can tell you that it is certainly a RUSH to see all those sad faces at the end of that first leg of the journey and to know that you will be back onboard in no time "Still on Vacation!"

Coincidentally, we are doing the same B2B as you are!

We have had it work i TWO different manners....once we were asked to retrieve new room keys and the other times we were able to use the same key on each segment. As one poster mentioned there is also information put inside of your stateroom as the staff is aware of those doing B2Bs. Also, on some occasions we were made to do the muster drill on each segment and others we were not...

When you leave the ship, they will give you a sticker....most times it reads "Still on Vacation" which is what was still being used in May of this year. Make sure that you do insist on letting the crew know as you do NOT have to wait in those lines and they will let you through with little to no waiting. BUT...you have to be insistent as not all crew/staff are aware.....

Best to stop by guest services the last day or two of your first segment...and do attend the meeting for your fellow B2B passengers as they will give you the phone number of a crew member that will be in charge of your group to assist you in getting through the disembarkation, etc.

I cannot comment on the time frames for your plans for the day as I do not know Miami that well.....But can tell you that it is certainly a RUSH to see all those sad faces at the end of that first leg of the journey and to know that you will be back onboard in no time "Still on Vacation!"

Coincidentally, we are doing the same B2B as you are!

Thank you for the tips since my DW and I will be B2B next March.

Our only b2b was on the Jade out of Venice last October. We received a packet in our room several days before our first week ended. It contained a sticker that said "Still Cruising" or something similar. Since we had a tour booked, we left the ship.

We did not have to go to a meeting place or anything else. We used the same key for the second week. After we re-boarded we sat around the pool with our stickers on when the muster drill was called. We did NOT have to attend as long as we were wearing the sticker. The pool bar was closed but the waiters made sure we had drinks right before the drill. It was an easy procedure.

Since it was in Europe things might be different if the end is in the US.