All Crown Princess positive reviews Needed!

Moxiefurball

We just spent two weeks on the Crown in the Baltics, disembarked a week ago. It was a lovely ship with good food and excellent service. It is an older ship, but has been well maintained and looks beautiful. The entertainment was good and the staff friendly and cheerful. The only problem we had was that they made us pack up and get off at the end of the cruise!

We just spent two weeks on the Crown in the Baltics, disembarked a week ago. It was a lovely ship with good food and excellent service. It is an older ship, but has been well maintained and looks beautiful. The entertainment was good and the staff friendly and cheerful. The only problem we had was that they made us pack up and get off at the end of the cruise!

Thank you. We won't be on the Crown until June 2018 and I hear there will be a major refurbishment at end of March 2018. Looking forward and I agree the end of a cruise is so sad

I'm an new to Princess but not new to cruising so it's nice to see positive reviews. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences!

To the OP I would caution you on putting too much stake in negative reviews. Some might be completely accurate but quite a few are the result of unreal expectations that weren't justifiable.

Secondly is the reviewers overall tolerance level. Example: The tolet was backed up for 1/2 a day. Person 1, while inconvenienced, knows things go wrong was just happy it was fixed relatively quickly. This person also probably doesn't post a review.

Whereas person 2 gets so put out that it wasn't fixed within 5 minutes of their report. That person then posts how their cruise was ruined and will never sail again.

Thanks again to all who posted.

Happy sailing!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

We debarked from the Crown on Saturday July 22. We had a very good cruise. We used anytime dining going most evenings between 6 and 6:30 PM without reservations. We only waited in a line one night. Our cabins were fine. First we were in C312 but received a call that this cabin needed "repairs" and we were moved to A302. Both were accessible cabins (which I need) but the one on Aloha had a balcony. We were given $100 credit and two specialty restaurant covers for our "trouble". We still have no idea what needed fixing in the first cabin. Overall it was one of our favorite cruises. It would have been a perfect cruise if there was on-demand TV and the new "comfort" bedding.

Good to hear of your experience. We are getting on in Southampton on the 26th and looking forward to it. Have always been on the Royal so looking forward to the Crown. It is all in what you make it ! There's always plenty of food and things to do. We will enjoy. Love, Live, Laugh

We were in the Crown during her inaugural season in June 2006, and again last October, 2016 for 15 days, LA to Hawaii. Honestly, she was in fine shape, and I would not hesitate to book this ship again. A bit of age? Yes. But maintenance, painting, etc was constant; she is far from a "rust bucket".

• 1 month later...

Is this for definite?

The ship does not go into its next major dry dock until April 2018 before it heads to Europe. In that dry dock, it gets all the new enhancements that the Caribbean Princess received earlier this year (buffet change, addition of the BBQ joint, upgraded mattresses, etc).

Is this for definite?

Not sure what's the source of their information & this unofficial but generally accurate website for Princess shipyard maintenance only shows a 10 day gap in the Crown's schedule. They're not even sure whether it's maintenance or a charter but that would be 3 years since a 12 day drydock in spring 2015.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

In March 2018 the Sapphire has a 14 day shipyard maintenance in Singapore before sailing to Europe for the summer. Because we're sailing the ship in Europe I am interested in what changes will be made but have not discovered anything besides speculation such as making modifications to some dining venues like on the Caribbean.

Hi,

I have cruised on 13 of the current Princess ships: Sun, Coral, Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, Diamond, Sapphire, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Royal and Regal. Honestly, I did not notice much difference between the Crown and the very similar Emerald and Ruby. I greatly enjoyed my cruise on the Crown in September 2015 and look forward to sailing aboard this ship again in February 2018.

Chuck

We did the Crown on a Mexican Riviera cruise for Thanksgiving 2015. Loved the cruise, ship and staff so much that we took the exact same cruise a few months later for Presidents Day week in Feb 2016. A large number of the crew recognized us from the previous cruise (not sure if that is a bad thing or not) :) We love the Grand cruise ship and are looking forward to another Mexican Riviera cruise this Thanksgiving, but this time on the Ruby.

Fresh off Crown Princess on Sunday. This was a seven day New England itinerary. I think you will have a wonderful time. No major issues to report. Found the staff to be attentive and friendly. Food was good. Typical entertainment ( shows, classical duo, MUTS, etc). Ship in relatively good shape for being 10 years old or so.