Assigned Dining vs. Your Time Dining on Breeze

cruiser7056

We will be sailing on the Breeze in November. I requested Your Time dining but on the details of my cruise , for Dining it has Late Dining (Confirmed) and Your time dining (Waitlisted). Not sure what this means, can I do either? On another thread, it appears that if you have an assigned dining time, you cannot change to Your time dining. I tried to edit and choose Your time dining and it says , no change detected and leaves it with both dining options. Also, if I do have to go with the late assigned dining option, can we request a table for 2 or will we be assigned to a large table? Thanks for any help.

We sail out on the Breeze on Sunday. I picked YTD during booking and the same thing happened. That just means you are on the waiting list for YTD. If enough slots don’t open up, you’re stuck with late dining.

After a few weeks, it switched to YTD. Of course we then decided to switch back to early dining and got waitlisted for that. Now it shows as confirmed for early.

You have been assigned to late dining but Carnival has noted your preference for any time by placing you on a wait list.

Check now and then under Cruise Manager to see if any time opens.

You cannot be seated at any time if you are assigned to early or late.

A time/place will be listed in the Fun Times on the day you embark to visit with the maitre d' to request a change to any time.

You can also express your desire to be at a table for two in assigned dining at that time. If you are moved to any time you can request a table for two nightly.

Enjoy!

We met some new friends and on the 3rd day they wanted to join us. We had YTD and they had late seating. They asked the Maitre'd if they could switch to YTD. He said something to the effect that it was booked, with a half full dining room. Our new friend slipped the Maitre'd a twenty and magically a couple of seats opened up. They switched them to YTD for the rest of the cruise.

We met some new friends and on the 3rd day they wanted to join us. We had YTD and they had late seating. They asked the Maitre'd if they could switch to YTD. He said something to the effect that it was booked, with a half full dining room. Our new friend slipped the Maitre'd a twenty and magically a couple of seats opened up. They switched them to YTD for the rest of the cruise.

So a twenty bill gets clout with Carnivals Maitre'd , is that a good thing ?

Do you approve of this method at your restaurant ?

Edited by BoDidly

Thanks for the information, I understand it now. I will keep an eye on it and hope it changes, if not, not a big deal. It sounds like there are plenty of good places to eat. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

I don't think food will be any problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

I see no problem with this. You gotta give him some kind of incentive for you to win over everyone else on the waiting list

I see no problem with this. You gotta give him some kind of incentive for you to win over everyone else on the waiting list

I agree. The waitlist is pretty long, and money talks.

~Profile Says Everything~

It's a shame the Maitre'd just wouldn't move them in the first place. Obviously there WAS space since the magical $20 didn't just "create" an extra two spots.

I would have done the same thing.. THEN called out the lying Maitre'd after he "found" two seats @ $10 a piece. And blasted his butt to the Hot Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were waitlisted once for ATD and when we boarded, we had been assigned late dining. We went to the maitre'd that afternoon and he switched us to early dining with no problem. Please, note, though, that there were only 2 of us and we were willing to share a table. We ended up at a 4 top booth with a very nice couple.