Transfer booking to TA - online form or fax?

Hi all - Been a while since I cruised and I'm a bit rusty with this. Hoping you experts can help out!

I booked directly with RCL and wish to transfer the booking to a TA (large warehouse club that begins with C). The reservation was made less than 60 days ago and is not paid in full yet.

When I use the online form, it tells me it cannot match the phone number to a travel agent. I have confirmed the phone number with the TA so I'm not sure why it's not finding a match.

Should I fax the request to RCL instead? This is how I did it for our last cruise 5 yrs ago.

Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.:cool:

Hi all - Been a while since I cruised and I'm a bit rusty with this. Hoping you experts can help out!

I booked directly with RCL and wish to transfer the booking to a TA (large warehouse club that begins with C). The reservation was made less than 60 days ago and is not paid in full yet.

When I use the online form, it tells me it cannot match the phone number to a travel agent. I have confirmed the phone number with the TA so I'm not sure why it's not finding a match.

Should I fax the request to RCL instead? This is how I did it for our last cruise 5 yrs ago.

Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.:cool:

My travel agent works out of her home for a large agency. When I fill out the transfer form, I have to use the main agency phone number, not the agent's direct phone,

Newbie here...what's the advantage of transferring to a TA? Whats the latest point it can be done?

In addition to providing service, a travel agent can add perks like free gratuiries, free insurance, OBC, etc. You have until 60 days after the initial booking AND the booking cannot be paid in full.

I didn't need a form. My agent was on vacay in Europe, so I made the reservation online and paid the deposit. When he returned, he handled the transfer himself. All I had to give him was the reservation number.

That's the way we always do it too. NO Forms or Faxing of anykind.

Jimbo